Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

lighting upstairs in pop-up roof

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
what do people do for lighting upstairs (e.g. bedside reading light)?

The two Beaches I have seen had no lighting upstairs

thanks

is there a cigar lighter / 12v socket upstairs? wasn't shown that!

IMG_20180817_065014.jpg
We have a cheap USB bendy light plugged into a mobile phone charger. It's handy because you can use it for reading or turn down the brightness and have a night light.

That's really good, thank you. I didn't realise there was a 12v socket in that position. Opens up a world of opportunities.

We have the 12v socket which we put one of those bendy lights on and 2 light switches one each side of the hole. It works for lights left, right and at back of the pop up roof.
These all came with van when we bought it and were in spec from new.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The light is standard for the beach but they do sometimes get stolen during transport or lost by the dealers. Always insist on getting one with your beach, its an important and useful piece of kit. Don't get me wrong its cheap to get an after market one but hey you are paying for it so why not.

If I was ordering again I'd add the extra interior lighting pack (can't remember the name). It'll give you lights in the poptop plus when you open the boot the lights come on automatically. I have a habit of manually switching on the (single...grrr) light in the boot and forgetting to turn it off when I close the boot.

We have the 12v socket which we put one of those bendy lights on and 2 light switches one each side of the hole. It works for lights left, right and at back of the pop up roof.
These all came with van when we bought it and were in spec from new.

This is the lights we have.....
1d22fff81829cb6652177b161ac6db88.jpg

Led roof lighting is optional extra.... comes in package with downlighters for the tailgate when open. We plug in a strip of led lights into the 12v socket and run it across the front of the pop up as we don't have the extra lights.

Black diamond do some lanterns that have a hanger - works very nicely off the metal hoops

We use the 2 in 1 Led light and mosquito killer from the club shop. Hangs up and gives a really good light, its also re-chargeable.

If I was ordering again I'd add the extra interior lighting pack (can't remember the name). It'll give you lights in the poptop plus when you open the boot the lights come on automatically. I have a habit of manually switching on the (single...grrr) light in the boot and forgetting to turn it off when I close the boot.
I agree too!

Interior light concept: switchable lights in the pop top;switches either side of pop top aperture above divers and passenger seat,
switchable lights in the rear hatch; switch on right had side trim above multi function board, very useful, use mine all the time.

Back