Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What Lights are in T6 Beach Roof Bed?

Batmobile

Batmobile

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi, does anyone know what sort of lighting is included as standard on the T6 Beach in the roof bed area?

Many thanks!

I would think that VW replaced so many thousands of the ridiculously designed bulb holder, switch and bendy bit of the bendy roof light that they sought another solution so that when the light broke it 'wasn't their fault' ... I'm sure a 12v socket's just right.

With the T5 Beaches some came with plug in bendy lights others didn't. I bought a couple of the Osram LED bendy lights from Amazon and they are great. If you get one you need to pull off the plastic collar as it won't fit the cigar lighter socket if left on.

Andy

Been asked frequent the last few months , seems the ones intrested in a Beach want lots off stuff the SE got standaard....
So they need to upgrade .
Many other posts on Beaches involves Q about lights in the roof , frige sizes , afthermarket heater , gas stoves,....

Been asked frequent the last few months , seems the ones intrested in a Beach want lots off stuff the SE got standaard....
So they need to upgrade .
Many other posts on Beaches involves Q about lights in the roof , frige sizes , afthermarket heater , gas stoves,....
That's not a very fair assessment. Sounds like you're trying to wind beach owners up!
I didn't want to buy the cool box that I could have ordered with my beach. The only thing that I couldn't order when speccing it up was a stove with my beach.
£10 stove isn't too much to add afterwards!

Just facts....
Seems the Beach is popular , by the Q and orders on here , but has not got all the needs....
On SE far less Q , could be less popular but got the full package.

Would love to have a manual roof , more seats in case of need ,cheaper price ...
But it is just a no brainer of having tap/ waste water , coocker built in fridge,enough battery capacity, storage facility , lights in the roof;) , aux heater, ...all standaard that makes it worth going for SE

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/beach-options-and-wheels.12423/

One minute later....
On a average day there is at least one or two , mostly fresh new members , with Q on Beach options....
Does that not ring a bell?

Haven't you got your own forum on here to play in? Us Beach owners are quite happy to answer each others questions without windups from SE owners. And no, we don't want all the stuff the standard SE comes with, that why we buy the Beach and can use it as an every day vehicle.

If I recall correctly the roof light in the SE is pretty poor and no end of SE users have broken them. I would suggest that the Beach roof light solution is superior. Read Barry's post; he's got an SE.

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/beach-options-and-wheels.12423/

One minute later....
On a average day there is at least one or two , mostly fresh new members , with Q on Beach options....
Does that not ring a bell?
I'm with Daveyboy on this. This is an age old discussion on the forum, but you're looking at this from a blinkered point of view.

You assume the Ocean/SE is an 'upgrade' but for many it would be more compromising than a Beach so how can that be an 'upgrade'? They have different primary uses.

I'm on the verge of ordering a Beach and have added enough options to make it more expensive than a base model Ocean but I've no interest in an Ocean because it would be of less use to me for what I want it for: I don't want to take my kitchen sink with me everywhere I go because it will be my everyday vehicle, not a weekend plaything (I'm not that lucky). Hardly be an 'upgrade' if it is less fit for purpose?

Incidentally, most new Ocean owners choose plenty of options - that doesn't mean their standard base vehicle is flawed or inferior to anything else. It means they are consumers, lucky enough to be able to bespoke their own vehicle to their own needs...
Kind of like these potential Beach owners with questions about options.

Last edited:
Haven't you got your own forum on here to play in? Us Beach owners are quite happy to answer each others questions without windups from SE owners. And no, we don't want all the stuff the standard SE comes with, that why we buy the Beach and can use it as an every day vehicle.

If I recall correctly the roof light in the SE is pretty poor and no end of SE users have broken them. I would suggest that the Beach roof light solution is superior. Read Barry's post; he's got an SE.

Who is winding up?
Are you aware on how the lights in a T6 Cali look like?
Have you ever been close to T6 Cali at all?
Barry think owens a T5...correct me if wrong

And oh....it is ONE forum here not each there own....thats why most that own a SE do answer on posts in the Beach section and the other way arround.

What's next ...let me guess..the "disagree" button ?:headbang

I'm with Daveyboy on this. This is an age old discussion on the forum, but you're looking at this from a blinkered point of view.

You assume the Ocean/SE is an 'upgrade' but for many it would be more compromising than a Beach so how can that be an upgrade! They have different primary uses.

I'm on the verge of ordering a Beach and have added enough options to make it more expensive than a base model Ocean but I've no interest in an Ocean because it would be of less use to me for what I want it for: I don't want to take my kitchen sink with me everywhere I go because it will be my everyday vehicle, not a weekend plaything (I'm not that lucky). Hardly be an upgrade if it is less fit for purpose?

Incidentally, most new Ocean owners choose plenty of options - that doesn't mean their standard base vehicle is flawed or inferior to anything else. It means they are consumers, lucky enough to be able to bespoke their own vehicle to their own needs.
Kind of like these potential Beach owners with questions about options...

Agree fully , not want to put up a fight , just facing facts ...and trying to make a discusion
As said , i would love to have a manual roof....less hassle .
Shame the Coast is not availible in the UK , thatone filles in the gap a bit but still if you need the seats it's no solution.
And as for daily driver , the SE or a Beach makes no diffrence as beeing a daily driver ...does it?
Same size same engine ...only (again) seats.

I think there are a few reasons for the many questions about options for the Beach:

• It comes in two variants, 2 and 3 seat bench, so we are essentially dealing with two beach models with their own particular uses, issues and associated configurations.
  • The Beach starts with less, so you have more scope for customisation. Some people keep it close to base and save a lot of money compared to the Ocean, which I am sure they appreciate. For those with the need (and deeper pockets), the options are there.
  • Beaches seem to be used in quite diverse ways (related to first point) and because of this flexibility, lots of questions are asked about 'why and how'.
  • VW's brochures and price lists are awful, which in combination with the above points, generates a lot of questions.

The good news is that we get to choose what is best for us. I too specified my Beach close to an Ocean in price, but when I added the non-model-specific options to the Ocean, it still came out much more expensive than the Beach spec and it would not be nearly as flexible for my needs as a Beach. I am sure many Ocean owners feel the same way.

Agree fully , not want to put up a fight , just facing facts ...and trying to make a discusion
As said , i would love to have a manual roof....less hassle .
Shame the Coast is not availible in the UK , thatone filles in the gap a bit but still if you need the seats it's no solution.
And as for daily driver , the SE or a Beach makes no diffrence as beeing a daily driver ...does it?
Same size same engine ...only (again) seats.
Making use of the California as a daily driver is not just related to the number of seats, it is the flexibility to use it for things in everyday life, i.e. the ability to use it to carry materials, I can easily fit 8' x 4' ply, plasterboard etc in the back with the seats folded down and often do this. I can remove the flexiboard and have massive carrying capacity. I use my Beach all the time, it's not sat there waiting for a holiday.

Who is winding up?
Are you aware on how the lights in a T6 Cali look like?
Have you ever been close to T6 Cali at all?
Barry think owens a T5...correct me if wrong

And oh....it is ONE forum here not each there own....thats why most that own a SE do answer on posts in the Beach section and the other way arround.

What's next ...let me guess..the "disagree" button ?:headbang
Hotel, I do think you have been slightly argumentative this morning.
Using phrases like 'facing facts' to suggest your opinion is fact isn't that helpful. Also if you wanted a discussion then surely it's ok to press the disagree button? Otherwise you actually don't want people's opinions and feedback.

In answer to your query, quite a few of us have seen T6 cali's up close, I think. My local dealer has two on display and I've looked at my own vehicle.
The lights (which my beach has) are very good. Dimmable and three of them up in the pop top too. Nice and an improvement to the T5 lighting as far as I can tell.

As far as my beach goes, it also has the same parking heater, headlights, wheels and fog-lights as the Ocean - and here's the key - because I chose them. They were my choice. I like choice. It's nice.
I, like every Cali buyer, had to think about what spec I wanted and then chose. We all (Ocean and Beach) have to choose what stereo we wanted and whether we wanted an awning etc.

Both vehicles are brilliant. Both are slightly different.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both.
The seating being the easy example. I can fit my family in the beach, but not the ocean.
The 2 seater makes a better bed, the three seater makes a comfier travelling experience. Compromise seems to be the key.
I forgo a flatter lower bed for enough seats for my family and a comfier ride whilst the van does the main job of transporting.

Having a tap and sink is a brilliant luxury. Something that some will find essential, some an unnecessary expense and something that takes up too much room.

I think you wanted a reaction this morning and you got it (despite my intentions not to bite). :headbang

Anyway, Happy New Year! :happy

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/changes-on-the-t6-cali-interior.11297/ :

• The elevating roof now has two lights at the front and one in the rear to light the upper berth, replacing the old flexi light stalk, (the flexi-light is now an optional extra). These roof lights start from dim and brighten to the level you want.

• There is also a 12v socket by the roof light switch in the section above the cab door

Hi, but am I right in thinking this applies only to the Ocean and not Beach?

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/changes-on-the-t6-cali-interior.11297/ :

• The elevating roof now has two lights at the front and one in the rear to light the upper berth, replacing the old flexi light stalk, (the flexi-light is now an optional extra). These roof lights start from dim and brighten to the level you want.

• There is also a 12v socket by the roof light switch in the section above the cab door

I'm thinking of adding the Comport Light option to my Beach order but, after reading this thread, I'm still not clear on what I would get.

Can somebody tell me what the standard Beach interior light setup is, and what the Comfort option adds? And for those who added it, was it worth it in their opinion?

Obviously I should have written Comfort above not Comport - just to head-off any wise cracks!

Back