Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lincolnshire Coast - as Bad as Yorkshire People Say ?

G

gatvol

As half of my family were originally from Yorkshire I was subjected to a continual stream of fervent propaganda about how marvellous the Yorkshire Coast was (Whitby, Filey, robin hoods bay etc etc) and how shockingly dismal the Lincolnshire Coast was (Skegness, Mablethorpe, Cleethorpes ...).

What are the good bits of the Lincolnshire Coast to park up in please as I fancy a trip there ? Or is it as dreadful as I was always told ?

Thanks

We've stayed loads at the caravan club site at Sutton-on-Sea. You can walk through the fields at the back of the site to the beach (20 minutes walk). Also the promenade is flat concrete, and you can cycle from Sutton through to Mablethorpe. Sutton-on-sea still has a 30's feel about it, and has a cracking fish and chip shop (Waldo's).

Nice market towns of Alford, Horncastle (loads of bric-a-brac/antiques) and Louth make good half days out, and there's always Skeggy.

2 weeks main holiday may be pushing it, but it make a great base for a few days by the sea. Don't forget to take a kite!!

Back