Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Long time lurker, new Cali owner

andyandluce

andyandluce

2 humans, 2 dogs, 1 Cali
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello forum!
thanks to all for posting so much advice and information which has helped us previously rent and now buy our first California. Over the moon, and first weekend away with what looks to be a cracker!
Hope you are all getting out too... happy dayz!!
Andy and Luce

Welcome ex lurkers :thumb

Looks same colour as our van (?) but I must say the wheels go well with it. Would like to see a full size pic :)

Welcome and congrats on your purchace from Belgium

@motacyclist (but why 'motacyclist'?) here you go - natural grey, just not often the sun is out in September / October!
View attachment 10231
Looks great! :thumb

.... Why motacyclist? Because motorcyclist@+++++.com was already taken! :D

I don't often ride now. Lost two friends due to bike accidents, makes you consider the enjoyment vs the risk factor much more. Still won't part with my bikes though, to SWMBO's annoyance!

Looks great! :thumb

.... Why motacyclist? Because motorcyclist@+++++.com was already taken! :D

I don't often ride now. Lost two friends due to bike accidents, makes you consider the enjoyment vs the risk factor much more. Still won't part with my bikes though, to SWMBO's annoyance!

Agree it does make you think... what ride do you have?

Hello forum!
thanks to all for posting so much advice and information which has helped us previously rent and now buy our first California. Over the moon, and first weekend away with what looks to be a cracker!
Hope you are all getting out too... happy dayz!!
Andy and Luce
Hi Andy and Luce,
Welcome.
Nice van. I am sure you can still lurk in it but in total comfort.

Agree it does make you think... what ride do you have?
I mainly use a BMW 1200GS, but have two other bikes. A Yamaha XT660R which is good fun and makes you grin; and a Triumph Scrambler which looks and sounds good but is really only for cruising up and down the prom and hanging around outside the chippy! :D

I mainly use a BMW 1200GS, but have two other bikes. A Yamaha XT660R which is good fun and makes you grin; and a Triumph Scrambler which looks and sounds good but is really only for cruising up and down the prom and hanging around outside the chippy! :D
Love the Triumph Scrambler. Retro very cool - fancy the BMW Nine-T myself but justifying a third bike a bit difficult (though I obviously need to learn from your success!!)

Difficult to justify the first two as well! What are yours?
:)
Ducati 916 and a BMW K1300S... though 'trying' to sell the K as since dog arrival 6 months ago its sadly not used much....

It's the same colour as the one we've just bought. I agree about the wheels. They look good.
I ride a Yamaha 1300 Midnight Star Custom and a Honda CBF600 (winter). My wife rides a Yamaha 950 Midnight Star and a 750 Virago Custom.
We love the bikes but love our new Beach, as well.

Goodness,

Next we'll be having a discussion on whether motorbikes are better with AWD and automatic v manual :(

Welcome Andy and Luce to the motorbike riders California club :D

All wheel drive motorbikes tend to 'push' into corners and are hard to wheelie!

All wheel drive motorbikes tend to 'push' into corners and are hard to wheelie!

Oh...

I will have to remember that next time I am thinking of going for a blast on one ...

Last time I think was 1977, on the back, Langdale, MRT call out and it was the only way I could get their quickly :shocked

Last time I think was 1977, on the back, Langdale, MRT call out and it was the only way I could get their quickly
Well, if you're ever around the Wirral and you fancy making it a regular 38 year event give us a shout! ;)

Surprising how many Cali owners are bikers as well .....

Well, if you're ever around the Wirral and you fancy making it a regular 38 year event give us a shout! ;)

I don't think a Mountain Rescue Team will want me any more so I will pass ...

Besides, it will mess my hair up :shocked