Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for a hanger for wet clothes, towels...

ddgp

ddgp

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi guys,

How do you dry inside your car the wet clothes like towels, kitchen cloths, swimming wear...

Ideally I would like to have lines going along the inside of the car.

Kind regards

David

Best place to dry is imo the footwell, with the heater right besides.
I have on both sides Ikea rails on Ikea brackets, which I fixed with some screws, which I don't mind (being a permanent solution, handy for whoever eventually buys the van later on ) : https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...e-t6-ocean-interior-organisation.25087/page-7
Big Ted printed brackets for the same Ikea rails, which you can clip:
There are other more expensive brackets on the market:

Best place to dry is imo the footwell, with the heater right besides.
I have on both sides Ikea rails on Ikea brackets, which I fixed with some screws, which I don't mind (being a permanent solution, handy for whoever eventually buys the van later on ) : https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...e-t6-ocean-interior-organisation.25087/page-7
Big Ted printed brackets for the same Ikea rails, which you can clip:
There are other more expensive brackets on the market:

Thank you, I went through the trail and I dont see your footwell solution.

I guess if i dont want to drill holes on my van, perhaps the Calitop brakets as you shared, might be a nice solution, then i can drill a hole on them and put a line in between... what do you think?

Thank you, I went through the trail and I dont see your footwell solution.

I guess if i dont want to drill holes on my van, perhaps the Calitop brakets as you shared, might be a nice solution, then i can drill a hole on them and put a line in between... what do you think?
I meant to install a rail (or brackets) at the sliding door, where it gets quicker dried next to the heater, better than above the kitchen top. Well, better on both sides, depending the occasional use.
unnamed-4.jpg
Sure, you could also drill a hole through the Calitop hooks, and hang a line.
They also have this : https://calitop.eu/product_info.php?info=p9_hanging-rail-with-6-hooks--90-cm-.html
Their hooks can also fix a towel like on my pict here above. But the rail has less extra's (like hanging pots,...).
Edit: correction, no, the Calitop hooks don't clip at their rail, so,...

Last edited:
I really like your system... But yeah... I don't like to drill on my new Cali yet hehe

With the top bed raised, you can use extra large paper clips at the tip of the upper bed to hang pretty heavy items ... and it kinda stays out of the way as well.

1590591508530.png

We tied a cord through the two metal loops at the front of the pop up roof (I think they're for the safety net?) and that's been perfect for drying towels and damp gear.

This is how I did it in my previous van...

F245AF03-A132-4AA7-90EB-E873949CF7FC.jpeg

I think I have founded exactly what I needed but unfortunately I need to drill...

item number 100 704 103

isnt there somehting you dont need to drill?
They are self tapping stainless steel screws that you just screw in. Works very well.

But it makes a whole to the van? Or they are just pressure points?
Just screws into the aluminium frame. I'm never going to move mine so that's it.

We tied a cord through the two metal loops at the front of the pop up roof (I think they're for the safety net?) and that's been perfect for drying towels and damp gear.

Thas what i did also , but sure it are four plastic rings up there...?
I put a cord between them that stays permanent in place , exellent for drying things with when the roof is up .
Hang things on at night , flashlight etc....

Downstaires i got the Brandrup cord above the kitchensink.

The most place i see towels hanging to dry on campsites are on bikeracks....:)
Some carry a bikerack and never take bikes , but it's there to dry things...

Bungee from Rear headrest to drivers rear headrest for us or string.
Perfect in the evening if you have the heater on and one is sat in the rotated passenger seat and one on the bench seat.
Also outside there are holes on the upright supports for the awning we run a line between those.

Isn’t that what the bike rack is for? It’s the Cali equivalent of the exercise bike in your spare room at home which hasn’t been used for a couple of years and is now an expensive clothes airer!

We have a manual roof opening. There is a strong full length closing bar at the front of the roof, and we hang a few coat hangers on it.
Not while riding!

For outside the Cali and fixed to the rail you could make your
own with these shelf brackets and a few fixings.
You just need to drill a few holes for the washing line.

Anyone tried this? Sold out at the moment but a great idea

Regarding a cord in the pop-top.
In this thread there's a picture of my cord in the roof used to hang a light on.

Also found this older picture drying some laundry while on a trip in Austria
IMG_2040.JPG

I have an extending pole which is used for a variety of purposes, one of which is hanging clothes from, either across the inside when the top bed is up (it just rests on the sides) or outside under the awning resting on the struts. No drilling or fixing involved!

58BBDEAA-DAC4-4830-BC88-15B31EF7C418.jpeg

2D97F47C-8F2E-47DB-BDC1-83589B02E846.jpeg

Back