Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for a LH drive California

J

James Wheeler

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi Everyone, total newbie here so here goes. We live in France and are looking for a LH drive California. We have started making some preliminary investigations and buying vehicles in France is expensive because of the tax. We have heard that we can possibly purchase in Germany or maybe Holland and change the number plates when back in France. Just wondered if anyone has any such experience. Many thanks.

Hi Everyone, total newbie here so here goes. We live in France and are looking for a LH drive California. We have started making some preliminary investigations and buying vehicles in France is expensive because of the tax. We have heard that we can possibly purchase in Germany or maybe Holland and change the number plates when back in France. Just wondered if anyone has any such experience. Many thanks.
Looking for new or used? I don't know anything about the latter but I ordered one in Holland 18 months ago and intend to register it in Germany when I bring it back. The dealer organises all the necessary documentation and the VAT is paid in the country where the vehicle is registered by the new owner. There is a reseller on the forum based in France who might be able to provide some useful info and quote you for vehicle.
From what I understand Luxembourg may be the cheapest place to buy a Cali in Europe.

There is a nice LHD 4motion Beach listed on the classifieds.

Back