Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbies

Andy Entwistle

Andy Entwistle

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi - Andy & Deb here. We have just bought a California SE and are about to go on tour in Cornwall, we were wondering if anyone has any tips for things we need to buy before we set off, we have plates, pans, cadac etc.
Also wondered if anyone could recommed any campsites in Yorkshie, the Lake District or within a couple if hours drive from Clitheroe, Lancashire.
Thanks in advance
Andy & Deb

Congratulations - may you make many happy memories.

I wouldn’t buy anything until you find you need it. As long as you have a hook up cable (if going to sites) and something to sleep under, you should be able to get anything else on your travels. It’s worth becoming a VIP on the forum because it will pay for itself if you end up buying from the forum shop, and access to many invaluable downloads.

Hi Andy welcome to the forum. Good luck in Cornwall in the school holidays gets very busy.

Hi Andy welcome to the forum. Good luck in Cornwall in the school holidays gets very busy.
Hi , we borrowed a Cali last year and went to Cornwall (loved it), France next year if you have any tips. Unfortunately no choice but to go in school hols as my partner is a teacher

Welcome allong , been on a short ride round Cornwall last may and it's a nice area to visit !

Hi, we have just done 5 nights in our beach for the first time, we had a big tent as had already booked the campsite.

I would recommend a day tent of some kind...but which one is still up for discussion for us... separate or drive away!

We found that a mattress protector was worth its weight in gold on the top bed as we have a toddler. An Asda single bed fit but pulled corners of the mattress a little so we will look at an official one.

It was light upstairs for our little one, he slept great but think a topper or inside topper will help.

Downstairs the bed was comfier than camping but we will get a topper for the bed.

Packing wise we managed easily but will get some really useful boxes to make it more efficient and logical!

Otherwise we will be taking our time to make purchases.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

:welcome How exciting!!! Enjoy

Back