Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Love our Cali

X

Xeroid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 199
Hi Were Malcolm & Sue, from Herne Bay, in Kent. We love our Cali "Coast" when it finally arrived a couple of years ago, been on some great adventures, biggest problem we`ve had is getting a drive away awning that will fit properly, most drive away awnings are designed for nearside sliding doors, Cali`s are on the drivers side, bought 2 drive away awnings so far, neither fitted properly, now doing some serious research on the Vango that will fit, before buying, apart from that, we love it.

Have a look at the Outwell Wolfburg 380. It’s on the large side admittedly but fits a standard pitch, and is designed to attach either side of the van, and it does work.
A&E Leisure did us a good deal, might be useful to benchmark other quotes against.
Good luck.

Vango Verso is a flexible design and should fit.
Vango Galli "RSV" versions are for sliding doors on the right hand side
Outwell "FLEX" version can be for doors either side

hope that helps

Which ones have you had that didn't fit out of interest?

I'm currently considering options and top of my list is the Kampa Cross Air as it opens on three sides and seems about the right size. My only concern is how much space it will take up in the van (though this is the same for all awnings I suspect) but following our first trip away we have decided we need something as we are two adults plus child plus dog!

Which ones have you had that didn't fit out of interest? I'm currently considering options and top of my list is the Kampa Cross Air as it opens on three sides and seems about the right size. My only concern is how much space it will take up in the van (though this is the same for all awnings I suspect) but following our first trip away we have decided we need something as we are two adults plus child plus dog!

Which ones have you had that didn't fit out of interest?

I'm currently considering options and top of my list is the Kampa Cross Air as it opens on three sides and seems about the right size. My only concern is how much space it will take up in the van (though this is the same for all awnings I suspect) but following our first trip away we have decided we need something as we are two adults plus child plus dog!
Our first awning was the Vango Agora, which fitted ok, but unlike the specifications, it was not a full sewn in groundsheet, on breezy days with heavy down pours, the rain tended to blow into the awning, so we sold it, and bought the Vango Galli poled drive away awning, was supposed to fit fit the Cali, according to the dealer, but 1st time of using, it did not fit, as the sliding door is on there drivers side, the Galli poled will only fit with the sliding door on the nearside, so will shortly be putting it up for sale, THIS time, i have done a lot of research, apparently, the 2 drive away awnings that will fit is the Vango Versos will fit either or side of the Cali, and the Vango Kela will also fit, so i`m told, but this time we are visiting Norwich Camping & Leisure on our way home from the North Yorkshire Moors, as they have both on display in their outdoor area, not going to get caught out the 3rd time, my gripe with the dealer and Vango is, they should state on their web sites that the awnings will not fit the California, looking more towards the Kela, as it has a 410 denier material, whereas the Versos only has 150 Denier, looked at Outwell awnings, they only have 70 Denier material, and advise to reseal the seams every 2 years to keep it water tight, also Outwell only give a 1 year guarantee, where as Vango give 2 years with 3 years if you register the product, so for me it`s Vango, Love the Versos, but it weighs 27kg, so if all is well, will go for the Kela, will stand up better to windy conditions due to the thickness of the material, hope this of help

please keep us posted after your visit to Norwich Camping & Leisure.
i'm intrested in your views on the Verso :)

The Versos works well. I also have the Galli CC Air Low, but I think I prefer the Versos, even though it's much smaller.

IMG_6335.jpg