Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maiden Voyage

O

OrangeColin

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 102
So we finally collected our candy white ocean on Saturday and departed with the T2 bay, which was emotional.

First stopover was fairly local, just to get used to it and put all the new equipment in.

Upon pegging down the awning leg I hear a hissing noise. We're in Yorkshire so I ruled out snakes. Bloody nail in the tyre! Less than 100 miles on the clock and puncture already.

We took out alloy and tyre insurance but they want us to take it to the original dealer. 80 mile round trip!

I'll be taking advantage of the 30 day cooling off period and cancelling I think.

Aside from the puncture we loved it, just can't wait for longer trips.

03da8b6b321fbd0102b148acdd2849ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Great stuff , at least now you know where your spare and toolbox is and how to use it....:D

Hopefully that's your puncture for a few thousand miles.

Mike

Sorry to hear of this so soon after delivery - annoying! One of my dreads is a puncture!
I see you are parked up on grass with offending tyre/wheel still with you. I assume that the wheel came of the hub easily. How did you get on with the VW wheel brace and jack?

Changing was a doddle... the aa!!

I should feel less of a man, but I don't .

We took out alloy and tyre insurance but they want us to take it to the original dealer. 80 mile round trip!

I'll be taking advantage of the 30 day cooling off period and cancelling I think.

That a bit of a bummer in the small print esp with a campervan

Changing was a doddle... the aa!!

I should feel less of a man, but I don't .

Nothing inferred but your reply made me chuckle! Thanks.

Odd, I had one also very quickly after delivery. I initially ignored the tyre pressure warning, I don't any longer.

You may be able to repair the tyre. I've repaired three so far, all are still going and two are on my current California !

Search for tyre strings.

..me..

Cute hound! Sorry about the tyre. We've just picked up our 6mth old Cali from the garage where we hoped they would fix the side door not closing properly issue. They've got to have it in for 2 days and take it to pieces to find the offending part! Thank goodness for the warranty .....

Odd, I had one also very quickly after delivery. I initially ignored the tyre pressure warning, I don't any longer.

You may be able to repair the tyre. I've repaired three so far, all are still going and two are on my current California !

Search for tyre strings.

..me..
I cant say I recall seeing a tyre pressure warning. I think we picked it up at the campsite.

The wheel is at local vw now, they think it's repairable.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Back