Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manoeuvre breaking T6.1

Themadwife

Themadwife

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Have 2022 T6.1 Coast

Have noticed since we moved to new house a year ago, that when we drive the van forward, off our drive onto the road, the brakes will slam on if we don’t drive really slowly. When it happened today I noticed the alert - Manoeuvre braking - I have to release it by depressing the brake.

I’ve also had it happen driving across bumpy ground.

Is this something we can turn off ? I’ve Googled it - but not found anything helpful.

Does your drive slope upwards towards the road? Or do you have another vehicle parked on the drive? Or is the van seeing crossing traffic? We’ve had the ‘sudden stop’ when manoeuvring, I think the radar detected our second car. I’ll be interested in someone has a definitive answer for you.

If the park distance control is active then the system will try to stop you from driving into what it perceives as obstacles.

On the infotainment screen, while the park distance control is active, you should see two touch icons. One for audio and one for the automatic braking. You should be able to toggle the automatic braking by tapping the icon.

My experience is that the system is easily fooled by long grass or a ridge of some sort.

Back