Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maplin 1.7m telescopic ladder post free at £19.99

R

ron b

Maplin have reduced the price of their 1.7m telescopic ladders from £59.99 to £19.99, delivered post free if you are not near one of their stores. It is a well made piece of kit with adjustable height, providing an alternative to clambering on the front seats when accessing the roof space, coming in handy for any extenal roof or vanorak issues, and stores behind the passenger seat in transit.

Also if you can get your order upto £30 add this code: AWINDIS10 and get a further £3 off.

Thats the cheapest I have seen these ladders :thumb

Although very cheap, I don't think it's as good as the Fiamma 2-piece. The fully-extended length is critical (as it only fully locks that way): the top of the Maplin's one rests against the fabric roof, when you position it side-on (which you have to do to avoid it encroaching too much into the living space). On the other hand, the length of the assembled Fiamma is perfect and unobtrusive in this position, and butts against the handbrake for extra firmness. It's also a good bit lighter and narrower, and just fits (when split) lengthwise in the rear storage area.

A lot more money though!

I have a 2m telescopic ladder and it is very useful, however, I mostly use it to put on the Mutze, wash the roof and clean around the roof mechanism. At 2m it is the perfect length to rest against the roof bar rail or side awning so as not to touch the paint work, 1.7m might be a little short for this?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We bought one of the 1.7m Maplin ladders just before a trip to France. I was a bit sceptical but I have to say it makes getting up and down much easier.

We position the ladder with the feet next to the base of the drivers seat by the rear of the handbrake and the rest of the ladder base adjacent to, and just touching, the front of the passenger seat (which is turned around to face into the cabin and adjusted back so it is positioned to allow this). The ladder rests against the trim at the leading edge of the raising roof opening.

The very top rung of the ladder can be positioned half open and this is the position we are using. Open fully and it's too tall. However be careful and don't push down on the top of the ladder when climbing up as this half way position isn't as firmly fixed as the others, just use the other rungs which are very secure.

I'll take a photo so I can post when we return.

Bargain - I don't need one, but at that price it is rude not to :clap

We brought one of these, used it for the first weekend just gone, kids loved it getting up and down on that, makes life a whole lot easier than clambering over the seats/ arm rest etc.

Sorry for the poor quality - it was dark!

i-DKwxWzK-L.jpg

i-JK4hmtn-L.jpg

Attachments

• i-DKwxWzK-L.jpg
    i-DKwxWzK-L.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2
  • i-JK4hmtn-L.jpg
    i-JK4hmtn-L.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the pictures, very helpful. We bought one of these after reading earlier posts. (Though we have to sleep downstairs for a few weeks while I recover from ligament replacements in my knee) I'm sure the ladder will work very well and save the possibility of damaging the seat/headrest/armrests.

The price has now dropped to £14.99... 28 08 13 Bargain!

Back