Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing water cap

Michael Meade

Michael Meade

Balloo1
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anyone know will a universal petrol cap like the ones available from Amazon (Simply EFC01 Emergency Fuel Cap Universal) do the job as a replacement water cap for a California Ocean 2017 if only temporarily?

too bad you lost it but mine came completely undone with lock and everything so I had to glue it back...
Was lucky enough to stop before going out on the motorway to see it was dripping water out of it. Easy pull and it came out. Now properly glued back in place. Don’t know if it’s heat related or not.

That's tough. I bought a universal petrol cap for €2.60 at a petrol station in Greece and it seems to fit well. Its non locking but it won't attract attention to itself in the way the Jay cloth stuffed into the hole did. Further, I didn't like going around with for lots of reasons including the fact that the water seemed to evaporate out of the tank at an amazing rate!

By the way the postage on Amazon for same cap was £50 to Greece!! campervantastic.com were also rediculously expensive and slow on delivery.

15605370879887692796907124077458.jpg

15605371660398093611249838672927.jpg

Does anyone know will a universal petrol cap like the ones available from Amazon (Simply EFC01 Emergency Fuel Cap Universal) do the job as a replacement water cap for a California Ocean 2017 if only temporarily?

Yes after market ones from any general caravan parts suppler fit, I've used them.

Rod

Back