Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuel Cap . Lock?

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
Whilst giving the van a clean I spotted that the fuel filler flap was missing the plastic bit which stops the flap being opened with the door shut. I’ve got a replacement on order but it struck me how insecure the fuel filler was, even if the flap is functioning properly it wouldn’t take much to force it open. Has anyone fitted a locking fuel cap and if so where did you get it?
Seems daft that the water tank is secured with a locking cap but £90 worth of diesel is relatively easy to get at.

I guess you could get a locking cap somewhere would also like to know- I see where you are coming from had not thought about it.

googled found some for T5 but not T6 Try e-bay

Whilst giving the van a clean I spotted that the fuel filler flap was missing the plastic bit which stops the flap being opened with the door shut. I’ve got a replacement on order but it struck me how insecure the fuel filler was, even if the flap is functioning properly it wouldn’t take much to force it open. Has anyone fitted a locking fuel cap and if so where did you get it?
Seems daft that the water tank is secured with a locking cap but £90 worth of diesel is relatively easy to get at.
Even easier taking a lockable cap off with an adjustable pipe wrench, and more expensive damage.
And don't ask how I know.:headbang

I also am in favor of letting them steal some diesel instead of damaging things.....
If they put something in the tank it’s a diffrent scenario...

Back