Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Monitor/screen support

S

smilingit

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have a VW Ocean. Anyone found a good solution for a monitor/screen (24/29") mount? Looking for some comfy solution for working from the van with a good size screen

Do you think that the table is strong enough to support the weight with the clamp? It's a genuine question - it looks quite a flimsy table....that if somebody did already it would be reassuring :)

I was thinking that perhaps a sort of arm from the floor rails would be ideal - perhaps something exists or maybe I just need a slider and I can fit like a pole.

The surface can easily be crushed so I would say if you need to attach it then perhaps to the leg may be better? Or have something that spreads the force over a large area.

How about a headrest mount? 24" is perhaps a little large for a van of the Cali's size?

Yes, all makes sense - just need to find something on the market! unfortunately for me 24" is the bare minimum to work decently on the van - so whatever solution exists, I'm certainly willing to explore it.

Were you thinking to something specific as a leg holder?

I am not aware of any monitor support but there are plenty of rail fastenings available, maybe some for bikes.

If you search for "multivan rail fixing bolts" you will find many options for the rails. Then you just need to find another device for the monitor?

That's a very useful starting point! Thanks a lot for the tip to a novice! if someone has done something for working on the van with a big screen - feel free to share! Or anyone with any idea...

How about the TV headrest mount?

The Lift off TV/Monitor Headrest Mount enables you to securely attach your TV to any headrest quickly and easily without the need for a permanent fixing. The mount is perfect for Campervans and Motorhomes, and can be moved to another seat or even another vehicle if you wish. The mount has the VESA Standard connecting plate with 75mm and 100mm hole centres and will hold most TV’s from 14” up to 27”. The lift off mounting plate retains the TV securely but allows it to be lifted off for storage or used in another location.

That would be very good, but I fear it becomes too far away from the 'desk'/table to use a screen. If it were only to watch TV, no problem, to work, it needs to be closer to the desk and the arm seems quite short....

Have you ever found the solution? I have a few spare 24 inch screens and I thought about keeping one in the van for some remote work.

Back