G

Gliderbee California 6.1

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I found three mosquito nets for the sliding door:

- VanQuito
- Brandrup
- JustKampers

Anybody any experience with these ? I'm looking for one that allows the sliding door to be opened and closed while fixed.

Thanks,

Stefan.

I would also look at Busboxx and Maxxcamp. These use magnets rather than velcro with a zipper up the middle. Can be left in place with door closed. Busboxx is the cheapest option.
I just got the Busboxx one and I have yet to install it, but it looks good.
It might even be better if instead of using a zip in the middle, it would use magnets there too: I have that system at home: it closes "automatically" behind you and there's no zipper to break sooner or later.

Stefan.

I found three mosquito nets for the sliding door:

- VanQuito
- Brandrup
- JustKampers

Anybody any experience with these ? I'm looking for one that allows the sliding door to be opened and closed while fixed.

Thanks,

Stefan.

Vanquito make alot of OEM products, so likely to be same product as VW branded, but cheaper!

I ordered on 2 occasions a net on Ali-express and can say only the price is good, Pictures and text suggest they sell the side door but you will get the tailgate version. How do you see this? it does not fit nicely, the zipper does not go to the top, it is double zipper, there are 2 velcro which function is clueless, magnets are pretty weak and last but not least if you translate the Chinese label on the plastic bag it says it the tailgate version. Perhaps there are correct versions in this marketplace but they all use the same pictures so it is difficult to find those.

@Gliderbee California 6.1 can you already share you experiences with versions you have ordered?
Thanks in advance.

Get the Busboxx version. They are currently running a 10% discount which brings the price down to 86 euro. Almost half the price of the equivalent Maxxcamp netting.

I ordered on 2 occasions a net on Ali-express and can say only the price is good, Pictures and text suggest they sell the side door but you will get the tailgate version. How do you see this? it does not fit nicely, the zipper does not go to the top, it is double zipper, there are 2 velcro which function is clueless, magnets are pretty weak and last but not least if you translate the Chinese label on the plastic bag it says it the tailgate version. Perhaps there are correct versions in this marketplace but they all use the same pictures so it is difficult to find those.

@Gliderbee California 6.1 can you already share you experiences with versions you have ordered?
Thanks in advance.
Sure: I bought the Busbox version and I'm VERY happy with it.
It fits the door nicely and can stay in place when opening or closing the door. You can open and close the zipper with one hand.
The zipper is not in the middle, but a bit on the right side, which makes it possible to enter the bus even with the seats all up front to make the bed.
The only tricky part (it takes some practice) is fitting the smaller right side with the magnets behind the rubber, but once you get the hang of it, it works perfect.
Even my wife loves it: she likes sleeping "downstairs" with the sliding door wide open for lots of fresh air. the net gives a sense of privacy; it feels like sleeping in a luxury-tent.

Where did you find a tailgate-version ? I might be interested ..

Stefan.

Sure: I bought the Busbox version and I'm VERY happy with it.
It fits the door nicely and can stay in place when opening or closing the door. You can open and close the zipper with one hand.
The zipper is not in the middle, but a bit on the right side, which makes it possible to enter the bus even with the seats all up front to make the bed.
The only tricky part (it takes some practice) is fitting the smaller right side with the magnets behind the rubber, but once you get the hang of it, it works perfect.
Even my wife loves it: she likes sleeping "downstairs" with the sliding door wide open for lots of fresh air. the net gives a sense of privacy; it feels like sleeping in a luxury-tent.

Where did you find a tailgate-version ? I might be interested ..

Stefan.
I found a tailgate version on Aliexpress :). Looking into it.