Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mosquito nets

Vwcaliforniajapan

Vwcaliforniajapan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I don’t feel safe sleeping with VWs screens for the sliding windows because ,as you know, they are easy to move/slide from outside.

There are different grills with net out there, which one is best and which one can be “locked” with the window ?
Im also tired of the Brandrup mosquito net for the sliding door, because of the Velcro tape.
which brand is best with magnets ? Most tight and easy to use to get in and out.
Im also looking for the best net with magnets, for the trunk ?

I have the Maxxcamp net for the sliding door with magnets , very easy to fit

For the sliding window(s) there are a few to chose from , i stick to the original one .
i use ventilation inserts in the front windows .

1571295107805.jpeg
this one for example, is from Reimo but not if it can be locked together with the window.

I have the Maxxcamp net for the sliding door with magnets , very easy to fit

For the sliding window(s) there are a few to chose from , i stick to the original one .
i use ventilation inserts in the front windows .
Agree with Wim, we also have the Max camp sliding door net, it is so easy to take on and off and open and close with the magnets sticking to the outside of the vehicle holding it open when needed

Personally I don’t bother with mosquitos nets. If you have to open them to get in then so will the little b*****s. I use a Plug in Insect Killer that plugs into the Inverter socket, 7w, so can be used constantly. If they get in they die. Simples.

Personally I don’t bother with mosquitos nets. If you have to open them to get in then so will the little b*****s. I use a Plug in Insect Killer that plugs into the Inverter socket, 7w, so can be used constantly. If they get in they die. Simples.
Yes they are good, but remember that you are inhaling that stuff for 8-9 hours everyday, that mosquitoes they die of in seconds........I know the manufacturer write its ok for humans, but with common sense, then I will only use it for a short time, and only if necessary.

Yes they are good, but remember that you are inhaling that stuff for 8-9 hours everyday, that mosquitoes they die of in seconds........I know the manufacturer write its ok for humans, but with common sense, then I will only use it for a short time, and only if necessary.
Your decision and it also depends on which one you use, and I tend to have doors open, fly vents in place and roof windows open so plenty of ventilation. Also, hot vapours from the repeller tend to rise in the heat when mozzies are around.
If you are that worried then I'm surprised you drive a vehicle, of any sort. Many more noxious chemicals etc: given off by any vehicle and the plastics etc: inside on a hot day and nobody knows the accumulated/combined effects of all these compounds.

Your decision and it also depends on which one you use, and I tend to have doors open, fly vents in place and roof windows open so plenty of ventilation. Also, hot vapours from the repeller tend to rise in the heat when mozzies are around.
If you are that worried then I'm surprised you drive a vehicle, of any sort. Many more noxious chemicals etc: given off by any vehicle and the plastics etc: inside on a hot day and nobody knows the accumulated/combined effects of all these compounds.
Yes you have absolutely right, there are pollution threats everywhere, but here we were only talking about mosquito screens VS vapors and in my opinion after living with mosquitos whole year round for more than 27 years in Asia, I’ll prefer to sleep with nets and fresh air, if possible. Anyway I respect your decision ha ha all we want is to sleep in peace from those vampires.
Well back to topic, I hope more will give their inputs of their experiences with the different brands out there, please.
cheers

Me and the missus talked about this the other day, we’re going to get a couple of magnets and pop them into some cloth, then just drape some old net curtains over the side door.

All those chemicals are probably worse than the the Dutch rolling shag I smoke!