Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MOT Failure

Manufacturers are just 'assemblers' now as the production stoppages show.
As already said parts are sourced on the open market. Dealers have big price mark up.

I had replacement Powerflex bushes fitted to my van after the originals had worn out. 2017 van with only 35k miles.
The Powerflex have a lifetime guarantee…
I would be interested to know how you are getting on with the Powerflex bushes. Ie ride comfort and noise issues if any.
Thinking of doing the same on my Van that now has 44k miles.

I would be interested to know how you are getting on with the Powerflex bushes. Ie ride comfort and noise issues if any.
Gets harder to judge as the roads get worse daily.
Main gain for me was having the adjustable set fitted and the suspension geometry fully calibrated. That led to more relaxed driving and neutral handling on bends/roundabouts.
Tyre pressures seem more critical for dealing with 'bang & crashes' than anything else.
I'm on 60 SUV profile tyres and found that dropping from 44 to 42 on front and 42 to 40 on rear (cold) is beneficial with no feeling of wallowing.

Definitely no regrets having them but as above the main reason for fitting was to get the suspension set correctly.

Also looking at Powerflex adjustable to allow correction of negative camber

Would be interested to hear how people get on with the adjustable fronts. They’re all made of the black Powerflex compound which can be a little hard in some applications (I’ve had on the rear of an A3).

I don't have that annoying steering wheel pull caused by road camber since fitting. Caster & Camber on front done.

Rear Camber worth doing if lowered and currently have negative camber wearing inside of tyre, if nothing else it looks right as not got that overloaded look.

Sold....... the steering wheel pull caused by road camber. Arghhhhhh.

Did you need to press them in?

I took the easy option and had it all done by the garage including alignment.

I can’t tell any difference with the Powerflex bushes.
The part that won me over was the lifetime warranty and not much price difference between them and OEM

Main gain for me was having the adjustable set fitted and the suspension geometry fully calibrated. That led to more relaxed driving and neutral handling on bends/roundabouts.
Tyre pressures seem more critical for dealing with 'bang & crashes' than anything else.
I'm on 60 SUV profile tyres and found that dropping from 44 to 42 on front and 42 to 40 on rear (cold) is beneficial with no feeling of wallowing.

Definitely no regrets having them but as above the main reason for fitting was to get the suspension set correctly.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Geometry on my van is fine (Hunter Hawk Eye 4 wheel laser alignment) done after lowering 30mm from new.
I understand castor angle is fixed on the van rear wheels but can make adjustable with certain polyurethane bushes, which may be required if out of tolerance. Mine is not.
So just looking to get best value option for bushes, as most garages just want to fit new wishbones rather than fit new rubber bushes. OEM wishbone price per pair is £550 inc VAT.

Geometry on my van is fine (Hunter Hawk Eye 4 wheel laser alignment) done after lowering 30mm from new.

I understand castor angle is fixed on the van rear wheels but can make adjustable with certain polyurethane bushes, which may be required if out of tolerance. Mine is not.

So just looking to get best value option for bushes, as most garages just want to fit new wishbones rather than fit new rubber bushes. OEM wishbone price per pair is £VAT inc VAT

So just looking to get best value option for bushes, as most garages just want to fit new wishbones rather than fit new rubber bushes. OEM wishbone price per pair is £550 inc VAT.
An optional total kit,

Have a look through various part options on Ebay.

I got mine when there was a discount offered, Comes about periodically.

A tardy response relating to your tyre selection. I assume you are aware SUV tyres have a stiffer side walls compared to their XL 103 load rated tyres. SUV version tyres will as a result give a firmer ride.

My experience of SUV tyres.

Much less wallowing and feeling of having soft tyres on corners.
This is due to being able to control what is basically a top heavy Cali better with stiffer tyre sidewall (not as stiff as now standard Commercial tyres).

I went up a profile, 60% from 55% which aided road surface faults better ie improved 'crashing'.

SUV tyre (Michelin) had a load rating improvement to 106 from 103

I went up a profile, 60% from 55% which aided road surface faults better ie improved 'crashing'.
Don't blame you. IMO a 55 profile tyre just seems the wrong choice for a commercial-derived van that even as a leisure vehicle/MPV I want to carry a range of different loads, on a range of different road surfaces. I want a durable vehicle with a reasonably comfortable ride and progressive, predictable handling. It's a camper van, I'm not trying to set lap times.

Other opinions about tyres are available! :Grin

Would be interested to hear how people get on with the adjustable fronts. They’re all made of the black Powerflex compound which can be a little hard in some applications (I’ve had on the rear of an A3).
Just ordered mine.... Cali runs heavier so I went with the black series. I might have gone purple on a T28 panel van.

Having spent an age looking at the 4 wheel alighment data I have gone with:

Front - 1301BLK - non adjustable (1) / 1302GBLK - castor adjustable (2)
Rear - 1310GBLK - adjustable outer / 1311GBLK - adjustable inner

Ebay currently doing CATCH20 so 20% off - about £100)

VW bushes will need to be pressed out (I have a kit) or the cut through method for difficult bushes

Just ordered mine.... Cali runs heavier so I went with the black series. I might have gone purple on a T28 panel van.

Having spent an age looking at the 4 wheel alighment data I have gone with:

Front - 1301BLK - non adjustable (1) / 1302GBLK - castor adjustable (2)
Rear - 1310GBLK - adjustable outer / 1311GBLK - adjustable inner

Ebay currently doing CATCH20 so 20% off - about £100)

VW bushes will need to be pressed out (I have a kit) or the cut through method for difficult bushes
I have just bought Powerflex non adjustable bushes road series for my T6 Ocean 45k miles from Autodoc (£145) plus £45 for 22mm ARB Powerflex bushes too. Indendent garage quoted 2.5 hours labour to fit them, which of course includes pressing out old rubber bushes. Not yet had them fitted, crossing fingers it will not be a bad way to go. Bought the Non adjustable ones as had Hunter Hawkeye 4 wheel laser alignment done after receiving new van with 30mm lower springs fitted. Camber angles are spot on so did not see need to make this adjustable. Tyre wear across tyres at front has and still is even. Will post my experience in case anyone else interested in going down this route.

PS not to late for me to change my mind and go the OEM route if anyone can convince me my ride will suffer with poly bushings