Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multiflex - can you you stop it folding?

B

BigJohno

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We have now had several wonderful trips in the Beach.

One of my only gripes is the multiflex board which, as boxes as pushed and pulled under it, folds of its own accord. It is frustrating and, on one occasion, quite dangerous as my fingers got caught in the mechanism....

Any ideas on how to "fix" it in place?

Many thanks!

We have now had several wonderful trips in the Beach.

One of my only gripes is the multiflex board which, as boxes as pushed and pulled under it, folds of its own accord. It is frustrating and, on one occasion, quite dangerous as my fingers got caught in the mechanism....

Any ideas on how to "fix" it in place?

Many thanks!

I’ve never had a particular problem with mine, so I cannot offer a solution. If the hinges are straight and sufficiently tight I cannot understand how it can happen.

Thanks Amarillo.

There is the lever on the underside of the board which seems to be on a hair trigger and anything that gets near it - like the top of a storage box - causes it to fold.

I will have a look at the tightness of the hinges... any other thoughts welcomed!

I have experienced the same problem. Although I have not done it yet, my plan is to screw some wood across the join to stop it folding as it only stays in the fully extended mode.

Thanks Rich. I had wondered about this too. My other thought was whether you could wedge something behind the lever on the underside so it can't close.

Thanks Rich. I had wondered about this too. My other thought was whether you could wedge something behind the lever on the underside so it can't close.
I did look at that but I could not work out a failsafe solution. I agree a non permanent fix would be ideal.

If the lever is the problem it should be a warranty fix. They will probably give you a whole new multiflex!

We often drop the front of the multiflex, with the bench seat pushed fully back it gives a useful amount of cabin legroom when using all seven seats.

If you want to get rid of it, I would be glad to take it off your hands. For free of course, as it is a faulty product :happy

Would a Rubber door stop wedge fit between handle and board to stop it triggering?

I have a similar problem as luggage sometimes compresses it. Ok for the moment though as I have a Slidepod so nothing gets near it in summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Amarillo.

There is the lever on the underside of the board which seems to be on a hair trigger and anything that gets near it - like the top of a storage box - causes it to fold.

I will have a look at the tightness of the hinges... any other thoughts welcomed!
This is a real nuisance, when it happens the comfort mattress collapses onto the luggage in the boot, and there is no cure other than hoisting the mattress out and resetting the flap on the multiflex. So many excellent solutions go into this van, and then you are faced with a bluntly stupid one. Ommmmmmmmm....

I've made some webbing straps to hold the comfort mattress on top of the multiplex board, they go under the board and loop over the mattress so they tend to stop it from folding.

I guess you could also zip or velcro tie a piece of wooden dowel or similar to the arm than bends under the multiplex and this would stop it from folding.