Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nav and sign recognition

J

Jamo

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, received our ocean 6.1 2 weeks ago, does anyone know a quick fix b4 I go to the dealer, nav is stuck on searching and sign recognition isn’t working. Also we connect does nothing ‍♂️
cheers j

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
We use Waze on a vent mounted holster for our phones. Real-time traffic and community updated, it seems to be the preferred route. Appreciating it not the answer you were hoping for but possibly a better solution. We Connect doesn’t seem to get rave reviews here and I’ve not persevered with it for that reason. A search on here generally brings up common issues and solutions. Good luck!

Hi, received our ocean 6.1 2 weeks ago, does anyone know a quick fix b4 I go to the dealer, nav is stuck on searching and sign recognition isn’t working. Also we connect does nothing ‍♂️
cheers j
Mine has done this previously, if you have not already hold down the power button option on the media screen for at least ten seconds to reboot the system, this might work or reapplying the driver profile sometime can return it. Hope it works for you.

Thanks I’ve tried the power button hold down, I’ll try deleting the user profile next.
Cheers

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
We use Waze on a vent mounted holster for our phones. Real-time traffic and community updated, it seems to be the preferred route.

Why not use waze via CarPlay & display it on the big screen?
On a T6.1 Ocean, you can actually have waze on the main screen & the VW sat nav on the instrument cluster display at the same time.
Once VW connect is working, you should get the realtime traffic on the VW sat nav as well.

Back