Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Navigation database update query

nigpdreadingfc

nigpdreadingfc

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi.
I've currently got v22.12 on my Cali Ocean 6.1 and have downloaded the latest map software on to my USC stick. All good so far.
Following the instructions, I put the stick in the USC port next to the cup holder, started the ignition and selected update software from the touchscreen menu.
All I'm currently getting is "searching for softway updates" on the screen.
My question is, does the display stay like this during the update until it completes?
I've got a couple of hours drive on Sunday, so was planning to carry out the update during the journey.
TIA for your help

Mine updates OTA. Have you tried the updates section of the settings menu?

Else it will still be out of date, OEM ones always are - Carplay and Waze et al?

Mine updates OTA. Have you tried the updates section of the settings menu?

Else it will still be out of date, OEM ones always are - Carplay and Waze et al?
Yes, selected Update Software in the settings menu and got the searching for software message.
Do I need to connect anything, or hook up anything to enable update OTA?

What file structure did you use to format the usb stick before you downloaded the update to it? Some cars use not normal

That may be your problem . Commonly exfat or Fat32. What does the Handbook say.
This is copied from the document entitled Discover Pro Gen.3 (MIB) Map material update

The USB-C stick must be formatted in the "exFAT" or “NTFS” format so that it can be recognized by the Discover Pro

So, I guess there won't be any harm in formatting with exFAT and give it another go.

I'll report back with my findings tomorrow

This is copied from the document entitled Discover Pro Gen.3 (MIB) Map material update

The USB-C stick must be formatted in the "exFAT" or “NTFS” format so that it can be recognized by the Discover Pro

So, I guess there won't be any harm in formatting with exFAT and give it another go.

I'll report back with my findings tomorrow
Does it have any information regarding the operating system, Windows or Mac, as the Mac operating system adds some hidden index files and this can cause problems.

Does it have any information regarding the operating system, Windows or Mac, as the Mac operating system adds some hidden index files and this can cause problems.
The guide only has instructions for Windows, which thankfully I run

The guide only has instructions for Windows, which thankfully I run
See Post 16

Yes, selected Update Software in the settings menu and got the searching for software message.
Do I need to connect anything, or hook up anything to enable update OTA?
Don’t know. The update schedule seems random to me but sure there is a process. I just leave it and every so often tells me there is an update.

Back