Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Need to hire a van in June.

D

delbert71

VIP Member
Hi all.
Looking for a camper to hire for about 10 days from the 21st/22nd June. Having trouble finding anything through the many camper hire companies as they've all either hired out everything to people going to Glastonbury or bumped up their prices just for that week.
We're 2 adults & 2 kids(11 & 8) living in Stockholm, Sweden and will be flying in to Gatwick so we need something within reasonable distance from London. Will be heading down to North Devon to visit my Mum and then up to the Cotswolds to see friends, so no great mileage, and we're not fussy about the age & condition of the van as long as it sleeps 4 and isn't going to break down on us.
Back in Stockholm we have our own high-top California('96) so maybe we could do some sort of a reciprocal deal if you're interested in visiting Sweden and borrowing our van for a bit sometime.
Anyone interested?

/Paul

you need to contact Oli at BMVS-camperhire.co.uk

or call him on 0044 1243 837111

Thanks Richie.
Already looked at the website. Unfortunately £745+ per week is just way over budget.

/Paul

delbert71 said:
Thanks Richie.
Already looked at the website. Unfortunately £745+ per week is just way over budget.

/Paul

Hi Paul

Thats one of the busiest weeks of the year, apart front he children's summer holidays. We do not hike our prices for Glastonbury. But to hire a £55k California camper van, I think you might need to adjust your budget slightly, or look at a company that hires out converted vans, as these are usually cheaper. Why not give me a call when free, and Ill see what deal I can put together for you :thumb

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
....to hire a £55k California camper van, I think you might need to adjust your budget slightly, or look at a company that hires out converted vans, as these are usually cheaper...
That's just it, we don't need a £55k van, we'd be fine with an older model like our own T4. Was rather hoping that maybe somebody on the forum would consider privately renting out their van or even better be up for doing some sort of deal whereby they would come over and use our van before or after in return.

http://www.activekampers.co.uk/

Based in Brighton and do Airport collection and drop off from Gatwick, it's only a 30 min drive.

I've hired Matt over the last 12m before deciding to buy, all brand new top spec Calis and he's a legend, mention me and you'll do you a great deal.

He love's Swedes too after hiring so many times to me and Frida (she's a Stockholmer)

We could def do reciprocal deal in the future though, having been to Sweden many times over the last 7 years I'd love to Cali it around, we are in Gotland for a wedding in June too, I'll see what the missus thinks, no issues borrowing mine if the Insurance company allows (Admiral).

Sadly I'll be using ours the weekend of the 21st for a 24hr MTB race (Mountain Mayhem)

Lycka till

Still the wrong airport (I'm not very good at this am I?) but if you fancy some T3 action I remebered this one:

http://heathrowcampervanhire.com/

Pretty sure there is a National Express coach between Gatwick and Heathrow.

Have you tried Campervantastic? We've just bought our cali beach from Steve at Campervantastic and he's really helpful. London based too.

http://+++++++++++++++++++++++/contact.php

Not sure how or why it was abbreviated to cvt. It should read ********** as all one word, no spaces!

delbert71 said:
Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone.

Before buying ours we hired from http://www.kamperhire.co.uk - Mark was great to deal with and will do airport collections from Heathrow & Gatwick.
Their prices were reasonable but hiring a California is always going to be pricey

owen_h said:
It's 3 words strung together 3rd is ***** middle van first camper. No idea why it gets abbreviated or asterisk d

Bizarre! Let's try that puzzle again...
Camper
Van

Not competition!

The person in question runs a very similar website to ours, If you post on his forum and mention 'VW California Club' he does not just delete our website name , he also bans and blocks the person who posted, even in they are not connected to us in any way.

Sorry to anyone who had their posts edited, it is automatic and nothing personal.

Bit 1984 isn't it?

Understand the site has sponsors, but it's a free world (apparently)

This has nothing to do with sponsors or advertising, it is a totally seperate issue that has been going on for several years.

david white said:
This has nothing to do with sponsors or advertising, it is a totally seperate issue that has been going on for several years.

My bad, good to hear :)

Try Camperbug.co.uk

Lots of Vans and you have the choice of Sussex, Surrey and London if your flying into Gatwick.

Ours is already rented out for Glastonbury. Good luck and enjoy your trip to the UK.

Nathan

http://www.calicamperhire.com

Back