Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Never read this on the forum!

altvic

altvic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just arrived in St Jean de Monte in the Vendée having driven through atrocious weather for hours; an understatement to say it is still lashing down. With the heavens fully ajar I was ordered ti do the jobs with those 'cable thingies". The kettle would have boiled when I'd finished i waa promised. Hmm!
I ran out to back and get the EHU cable while sheltering under the open rear door,but took longer than usual because French two pin adapter required and I struggled for an age to find it.
I was slightly damp when I'd finished hooking up so quickly grabbed the rear tailgate and pulled down to close in a single movement. Wrong movement! What must have been a thousand litres of accumulated rain watet flooded at me from the tailgate and completely drenched me from the neck down.
Lesson learned : opt to make tea in the rain and leave EHU to traveling companion

Thats becose most of us travel to places where it don't rains and you made a wrong choice...;)

Did'nt you knew the T6 have the shower option in the rear:bananadance2
...now you know

Lol I once did the same and poured water down V’s neck, she wasn’t happy lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The other problem is the water may have gone inside tailgate through number plate fixings.

You only do it once. The amount of water the T6 holds seems to be more than the T5, a design feature?
It's the same when watching people get puddles from the top of the wind out awning the first time. Again something you only do yourself once.

Lesson learnt but next time have a brew, hookup can wait until a break in the rain. :thumb

Back