Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach - Missing Equipment

KennyRM

KennyRM

Hello everyone,

I'm very pleased to say that I've just picked up my new California Beach! Rather unusually, I've had it shipped over to the USA where I currently serve with HM Forces and this in itself has raised a few questions! There are a few things that I think have gone missing during the shipment?

1. Mattress: I have the 3-seater variant. The Owners Manual talks about a 3-section mattress. As far as I can see, there wasn't one. Only a single section that folds once down the middle that only covers the multi-flex board. Is this correct?

2. There was an empty box that once belonged to a flexible "map light" (that plugs into the cigarette lighter). It looks like this has been pilfered. Should I have received a map light?

3. I have both the aux and parking heaters. There were no remote controls. Should I have 2?

I was a little disappointed with the somewhat misnamed "privacy glass". It's nowhere near as dark as the stuff I had on my last T5 and therefore offers little privacy! Has anyone else had the same experience?

Apart from all that, I love it! I've been a T5 owner for a number of years. My last was a Kombi that I converted. The Beach is basically the factory version of what I had before (only much, much better!).

Hi and welcome I believe you only get 1 heater
Remote and it has been discussed how light the privacy glass is you can get it darkened

I can answer 2 of the questions.yes you should get the flexi light to use in the socket up top. When you order the parking heater did you order the option with remote control it was £250 more if yes then you should have 2 remotes.Not sure on the mattress as we have a 2 seat bench that doesn't come with a mattress we ordered the comfort mattress otherwise you sleep directly on the folded seats.
As your torch had gone missing did you check for the front window blinds ?
The privacy glass option is a little light, some people choose to put a darker tinted film over the top.

Other that that enjoy your Beach it's a great vehicle.

Should have a full mattress with the 3 seat bench, I had an empty box too, dealer found me a lamp in another van. Check for blinds as Jaydub said, also safety net, dealer had to pilfer one from another van as this was missing too.

We have recently taken delivery of a Beach. The mattress you mention is an option on our model (comfort mattress) and we were only supplied one remote for the heater, again as in the previous post, an option. We did have the flexi torch which was in one of the boxes under the rear seat and we had a safety net for the upstairs bed. Our privacy glass, again an option, is quite dark so not disappointed at all. Might be worth checking the specs with your dealer or, as you say, they have gone "missing"

Thank you all for your prompt replies. Extremely useful. They've made me go back and read through the brochure and I can see now that the additional mattress is an option. I was misled by the Owners' Manual which it looks like most people agree, isn't the easiest to understand! Hopefully the dealer will be able to sort out the remote. It looks like the map light has been nicked!

Thankfully, the other things that could have gone missing (front window blinds, awning tool, child safety net and external hook-up adaptor) are all there.

If it's of any use to anyone, I found the shipping to the USA reasonably painless.

Thanks again for taking the time to post!

Our new SE also only had en empty box for the mini torch, apparently they often "go missing" at the port, dealer posted one to us.

Lucky! I'm not convinced mine is as friendly. I've also identified that the vehicle has been supplied without the Rear Bumper Protector that I ordered. It's a minor item (55 quid) but still! They seem to be dragging their heels on coming up with a solution!