Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's missing from my toolkit?

BikerGran

BikerGran

Growing old disgracefully
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Going on my first long trip and I was checking my toolkit to make sure it had the towing eye as we'll be camping in a field - it does, and I know where it fits which is good, but there's mention of a screwdriver which is needed if the roof doesn't come down, and it doesn't seem to be there. We have lots of scredrivers, so what size should we take?

Also, what else is missing? I know there's a space for the removeable towbar which is fitted at present, but looking at this picture, what else is missing?

The other thing I can't find is the tie-down kit for the roof if we have to lower it manually.

tools.JPG

Screwdriver in the end of the wheel brace I think!

Well that's great cos the wheelbrace is there - why didn't any of my 4 or 5 handbooks tell me that! This forum is so useful, thanks folks!

What about the tie-down kit then - book says it's in the drawer in the right hand cupboard - well of course it's not, my cutlery's in there! I'm not going to stress about it it because I have no reason to suppose there will be a problem with the roof, but if I can't find it I guess I'll have to order one, but not in time for leaving home on Wednesday.

So what should be in that funny shaped spaced between the jack and the towing eye?

Do you have the strap for the sliding table?
The Tie Down kit is composed of some plastic clips, black straps and Velcro.
What about the First Aid kit and Triangle normally at the back of the L upper kitchen shelf.

Congratulations on actually finding the toolkit :sad

I have no idea where it's kept :(

That should be a wire tool for removing wheel nut covers
Not sure whether I have wheel nut covers, but since my days of being able to change wheels are long gone, I reckon I know 'a man who can' :thumb

I used to be pretty good with spanners but I've reached a time when I leave it to someone else! But I'm going to be in a wet field and have been told there'll be a tractor standing by...... and I read a post from someone at Glastonbury in a state because she didn't know how to fit the towing eye, so I thought I'd get ahead of the game!
Like taking an umbrella so it doesn't rain (I have one of those as well, I'll let you know if it works!)

the two small reassessed circles with a slot in the middle left and right are for your towbar keys.

Alan

the two small reassessed circles with a slot in the middle left and right are for your towbar keys.

Alan
Oh well I know where they are - on a keyring which seems a better place to me!

But speaking of keys - what's this one?

key1.JPG

Looks like either the freshwater cap or bike rack key

Looks like either the freshwater cap or bike rack key
Thanks - must be the water as I don't have a bike rack! I need to label the keys, they are so many and I'm useless at remembering!
The only ones that don't need labelling are the towbar keys as they helpfully have a picture of the towbar on them.

BTW, the Towing Eye is screwed in behind the O/S fog light trim (needs to be removed, just pulls off) and the thread is a left hand one, i.e turn it anticlockwise when fitting it.

Alan

I found my tie down kit lurking in the sliding door pocket behind the table.