Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Christmas present

bfcwest

bfcwest

Two tone T6 Ocean
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello and a very Merry Christmas to you all. New member and first time owner here. Took delivery of our new California Ocean last week (it's doubled as my Christmas present so very excited today!).

Went for two tone Black and Grey. It's a 150 DSG. Quite a long list of extras (ouchh!!), main ones IMG_8846.jpg I can recall are chrome, alcantara, tolluca wheels, dynaudio, nav, tow, ACC, LED, side scan, shower. Got carried away, but felt that I won't be doing this again for a while so let's got for it!

Most important thing, I absolutely love it!
IMG_8844.jpg IMG_8843.jpg IMG_8810.jpg

IMG_8811.jpg

Beautiful ! Although I'm biased as its a carbon copy of mine, bought a few weeks ago, and like you , I love it !
Which carpets did you get ? Got to get that bit sorted

Welcome bfcwest and wonderful California!

Colour looks great! Enjoy it and merry Christmas!

Very nice - is it one of the Coventry Listers pre-reg ones? They had a whole load of them in with that same spec and colour / interior combo? It's like they are all a special 'litter' - most other owners are on here too I think!

Yes, it's from Listers, though it was not due in until next year but they managed to get it released a bit early. From reading this wonderful forum I've seen reference to there originally being just 4 coming in this colour combo from Listers, including yours Bill R (looks great btw!!) Not sure if mine is one of those or are there more?

I went for the QTM Direct rather than Brandrup carpets as delivery was quicker as well as being cheaper. 900g in black with silver/black trim. Used some double sided velcro here and there and they seem great, though it's early days.

How do you find the Dynaudio? I'm 99% sure mine is not working properly!

Yes, it's from Listers, though it was not due in until next year but they managed to get it released a bit early. From reading this wonderful forum I've seen reference to there originally being just 4 coming in this colour combo from Listers, including yours Bill R (looks great btw!!) Not sure if mine is one of those or are there more?

I went for the QTM Direct rather than Brandrup carpets as delivery was quicker as well as being cheaper. 900g in black with silver/black trim. Used some double sided velcro here and there and they seem great, though it's early days.

Great stuff!

I had a listen to the dynaudio in van at Listers and I couldn't really tell much difference to standard and I do usually pay for the upgraded stereo/hifi in cars to get the extra bass. I am sure it IS better and with some playing around with the EQ it could be made even better too, but it didn't give me the instant 'must buy it' feeling when I heard it, so we left it off our spec.

I'm sure there is no sound coming out of the 3 speakers in the cabin (Dynaudio badged ones on dashboard and in pillars). The only sound in the front appears to be coming from the door speakers. Just wondered if someone who has Dynaudio can tell me if they can actually hear sound coming from those same 3 speakers?

Got it booked into my nearest dealer mid-Jan.

Looks great
Looking forward to getting mine in January
Didn’t go for the 4motion hope this wasn’t a big mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure there is no sound coming out of the 3 speakers in the cabin (Dynaudio badged ones on dashboard and in pillars). The only sound in the front appears to be coming from the door speakers. Just wondered if someone who has Dynaudio can tell me if they can actually hear sound coming from those same 3 speakers?

Have you adjusted the sound redirection using the balance/fader function?

Look for...

Menu
Sound
Sound focus

Yes, I've tried playing with balance and fader etc, but whatever I do I still can't hear anything coming out of the 3 higher up speakers in the front. Only sound in the front is out of the actual door speakers. It's so bad I don't use the stereo as it sounds muffled!

I also have one of the Listers vehicles though mine is just Indium grey and my Dynaudio had been set up by a fan of excessive bass and it sounded pretty bad.
There is a setting for Authentic that I now use http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/dynaudio .
There is also a setting called Sound Focus which turns down some of the speakers and could be leading to the inbalance.

Thanks for the help SimonB. Can you actually hear sound coming out of the three Dynaudio badged speakers in the front? There is no sound coming out of mine as far as I can tell so it makes no difference what I do to the settings as there is still no sound!

Thanks for the help SimonB. Can you actually hear sound coming out of the three Dynaudio badged speakers in the front? There is no sound coming out of mine as far as I can tell so it makes no difference what I do to the settings as there is still no sound!

The big one in the middle at the front is the one you hear most, and the ones each side in the pillars by the windscreen are quite audible. The bad sound on mine was due to the bass being turned up too far. The speakers in the front door panels were flapping.
The Sound Focus setting does alter things as it balances the sound for the driver, for example. This would lower the sound from the speakers nearest to you and boost the others. This YouTube video might help.

There are a lot of screens and this one at the start at 09 seconds I find the most useful.
Authentic sets the bass, treble, etc at a neutral level, the profile setting is either; Individual or I use Front & Rear.
If you are used to a lot of bass, it doesn't seem to do that well. There is often a bass speaker under the seat in many cars so you feel the sound, but under the seat in the Cali is already full of leisure batteries & fuses.

Thanks Simon. If you can hear something coming from those speakers then I know mine is faulty as they are silent. It's booked into VW dealer for mid-Jan so hopefully they'll sort it quickly!
All the best.

Thanks Simon. If you can hear something coming from those speakers then I know mine is faulty as they are silent. It's booked into VW dealer for mid-Jan so hopefully they'll sort it quickly!
All the best.

I've sent you a PM in case you haven't found one of the menus in the Dynaudio set up.
Simon

All the best.

A friend who also has the Dynaudio system says that the amp only powers the front 3 speakers. It is located under the front offside seat and if you turn the seat sideways and move it forward you can access the amp.
upload_2017-12-30_16-58-43.png
This is what it looks like and there are some plugs that may have come loose. Might be worth a look.
Hope it helps
Simon

Hello and a very Merry Christmas to you all. New member and first time owner here. Took delivery of our new California Ocean last week (it's doubled as my Christmas present so very excited today!).

Went for two tone Black and Grey. It's a 150 DSG. Quite a long list of extras (ouchh!!), main ones View attachment 28595 I can recall are chrome, alcantara, tolluca wheels, dynaudio, nav, tow, ACC, LED, side scan, shower. Got carried away, but felt that I won't be doing this again for a while so let's got for it!

Most important thing, I absolutely love it!
View attachment 28596 View attachment 28597 View attachment 28599

View attachment 28598

Welcome to Cali ownership. I have to say, that colour combo looks PROPERLY LUSH! (deliberately using Bristolian speak there for a moment!) Enjoy!

A friend who also has the Dynaudio system says that the amp only powers the front 3 speakers. It is located under the front offside seat and if you turn the seat sideways and move it forward you can access the amp.
View attachment 28692
This is what it looks like and there are some plugs that may have come loose. Might be worth a look.
Hope it helps
Simon

Thanks again Simon, you are very kind. I had a look underneath the seat and couldn't see anything un-plugged. I don't want to start poking around down there as I have a history of making things un-fixable!!

It's going into Birmingham VW on Friday :help

Thanks again Simon, you are very kind. I had a look underneath the seat and couldn't see anything un-plugged. I don't want to start poking around down there as I have a history of making things un-fixable!!

It's going into Birmingham VW on Friday :help

Fingers crossed for you. Mine is at VW in Bristol with oil in the coolant header tank.
See separate thread on sludge in oil filler pipe.

Quick update on my stereo issues. Dynaudio is all fixed. The amp was not working and had to be replaced. I'm glad it was not my imagination after all!! VW vans Birmingham were ace as rather than order in a new amp they took one out of a showroom vehicle so I could be all fixed on the same day, and then ordered a new one for the showroom model.

The sound is obviously much better, but I would probably agree with those that say it is not really worth the extra money as you could get better by going after market for less.

I had the beast lowered whilst it was in there, just the standard VW 30mm set. Wow, what a difference it makes. Drives great and now I can get into my work car park without having to duck! (it was so tight that I could only get under the bar by driving to the far left otherwise I'd have caught the roof)...

Thanks again for the help Simon (glad to hear your sludge issue is resolved!)

Very pleased it is fixed and that your dealer really put themselves out to get you up and running again.

Back