New Cali Comfy chairs

Will they fit in the Grand Cali door pockets? - I’ll happily test it for you if you send some over ;)

Mine arrived today, fit in the tailgate perfectly and they lock open! First impressions are they are way more comfortable than the OEM ones. As a bonus they are also 300g per chair lighter too.

There is one negative though, because these fold flatter you lose storage space in the tailgate. So unless what you keep in there in addition to the chairs is thicker than 4-5cm it won’t fit. For reference my Cysgod panel now doesn’t fit.

View attachment IMG_6132.jpeg

Mine arrived today, fit in the tailgate perfectly and they lock open! First impressions are they are way more comfortable than the OEM ones. As a bonus they are also 300g per chair lighter too.

There is one negative though, because these fold flatter you lose storage space in the tailgate. So unless what you keep in there in addition to the chairs is thicker than 4-5cm it won’t fit. For reference my Cysgod panel now doesn’t fit.

View attachment 126498
So I guess an EHU cable in its bag won't fit either

Will do, although @wildslammer22 has done a very comprehensive review already.
Can’t wait to try them, I am not a great fan of the OEM chairs albeit the quality is good.
"I am not a great fan of the OEM chairs albeit the quality is good." They are actually terrible - look the part - but within a few months of usage fall to pieces - broken brackets, bolts dropping out etc.

"I am not a great fan of the OEM chairs albeit the quality is good." They are actually terrible - look the part - but within a few months of usage fall to pieces - broken brackets, bolts dropping out etc.

Had mine for 4 years and previous owner for 3 years and they have never broken and are as good as the day they were made.

Could be down to user weight though.

Anyone tried to fit chocks together with the new chairs?

Anyone tried to fit chocks together with the new chairs?
I very much doubt any chocks would fit, there is a little more space in front of the chairs when in the tailgate but whatever you put there will likely just fall on your head when you unzip it!

OK,that's a shame, current chairs allow me to store chocks/ramps and EHU cable in the bag.

I am watching this with interest. The stock chairs are "OK", but we miss our comfy chairs we used when we used to do tent camping (they're too bulky for the Cali!). Price doesn't seem unreasonable either.

OK,that's a shame, current chairs allow me to store chocks/ramps and EHU cable in the bag.
I can take a photo later if it helps? With the OEM chairs the extra space is the gap in-between the chairs whereas these ones fold much flatter so the useable storage space is on top of the chairs

I am watching this with interest. The stock chairs are "OK", but we miss our comfy chairs we used when we used to do tent camping (they're too bulky for the Cali!). Price doesn't seem unreasonable either.
The higher back, extra padding and the fact that they lock so you don’t feel they might collapse under you all make for a much nicer sitting experience! Time will tell if they prove to be durable but the price is very reasonable. A pair is almost half the price of a single OEM one.

I admit I have only used them maybe a dozen times, and they have always been fine just uncomfortable, never a hint of poor build quality, but I am happy to take heed of your experience of multiple faults. That’s not my personal experience though.

Mine turned up today. Mainly got them due to the fact they are a lot cheaper to replace than the VW ones, comfort is a nice bonus. Like most Outdoor Revolution products, they look great too.

Still room in there for my comfortz screen too so all good.

View attachment IMG_6691.jpg

View attachment IMG_6692.jpg

Last edited:
Back