Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali in the North East

R

rfahey

Hi All,

I received my Cali last week and took it for our first trip last weekend up to Greencoats farm just outside Chollerford, Northumberland. This forum helped me make some good purchasing decisions [ seat covers are a must with two young children, also going to invest in rubber mats.]

I have dreamed of owning a VW camper for years and now that i have 2 kids 4 & 2. I thought now was the perfect time to get one. We have all fallen in love with our Cali and evan named her Tallulah, we intend to keep a diary of our travels so that we can look aback at the good times. She is a joy to drive and you cannot help having a smile on your face as you know you are going to have good times. The kids love the "tent on the roof", my wife and I love the convenience & security of it all. Tallulah is a silver SE cali, 140PSI, with an awning & a bunch of other things [ safe, blue tooth, bike rack, roof rails, dab radio, steering wheel controls.] We all love seeing other VW campers on the road whether they be a T2, T3 T4,T5 or a splitty and the thrill of getting wave or a flash of the lights makes me feel like a child again.

The ease at which you can set up camp when you arrive at your destination, amazes me. Until a week ago we camped and thought we could pack the car, set the tent up and repack fairly quickly. With a cali it takes minutes - really useful when you want to make the most of the weekend. This may be obvious to many, but I totally underestimated how quick it would be to set up camp and decamp. Its great :D . We are astonished at the interest the cali generates, many people we meet or see that we have a cali want to have look and find out more.

I hope I can contribute to this forum over the months and years ahead, as I really have leveraged the knowledge documented.

Hope to see you out and about

Richard

welcome to the mad house ..... :thumb :crazy :headwall :doh :laugh2 :barmy :hello

Hi Richard welcome along good to hear from you :thumb :thumb

Great to hear you love it.

We are hoping to get one soon and ditch the tent!

DSG or manual lol..

:hello

Back