Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Ocean - Seat covers - help...

Lee Thomson

Lee Thomson

VIP Member
Hi All,

I have just purchased my new 2018 Cali Ocean, still learning about the van but am delighted with it after 4 days of ownership.

I have purchased a number of items from the Cali shop, floor mats, bedding, ridge monkey, sleeping bags etc (hopefully arrive this week) however, i am also looking for some seat covers. I have 2 kids under 4 years old so the cream seats will not last.

I like the GTI style covers in the shop but they are expensive for what i need at this point, are there any similar style seat covers that cost less but still look good??...appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Lee

We get this question a lot are there any seat covers similar to the ones in the shop? No is the simple answer.There are cheaper covers though that will fit. The reason the shop seat covers cost what they do is the money spent on testing and making them airbag safe and tailored to fit and look like the actual seats I think you get what you pay for. if you want waterproof ones the vw ones will cost you around the £180 mark but are loose fitting and do the job

We get this question a lot are there any seat covers similar to the ones in the shop? No is the simple answer.There are cheaper covers though that will fit. The reason the shop seat covers cost what they do is the money spent on testing and making them airbag safe and tailored to fit and look like the actual seats I think you get what you pay for. if you want waterproof ones the vw ones will cost you around the £180 mark but are loose fitting and do the job

Thanks calikev, plan is to get the VW gti style covers from the shop (as they look great) in time however, being new to this i have to purchase a lot to get me started so need something that is decent to get me through meantime.

Plan on going our first trip in our new van on boxing day for about a week so need something soon.

I had the vw ones on my beach.They were fine and never felt the need to get any 'better ones'. However I have inka ones now on my new bus and they are far better fit and quality. If your a bit skint after suffering the shock of buying the van get the vw waterproof ones. Or just chuck an old sheet or throw over for now.

I had the vw ones on my beach.They were fine and never felt the need to get any 'better ones'. However I have inka ones now on my new bus and they are far better fit and quality. If your a bit skint after suffering the shock of buying the van get the vw waterproof ones. Or just chuck an old sheet or throw over for now.

Thanks will have a look at both

+1 for Vw covers. They come with the nice ocean or beach logo embroidered in as well

Just get some nice thin blankets to throw over the chairs. That’s what I’ve done as my little boy likes climbing all over them.

Cost, about £5 each from Sainsbury’s. Once dirty, they get thrown in the washing machine and restored to new.

Personally, I like the mis-matched hippy theme I have going on :Grin

They have lasted really well too. Fitted them some 4 years ago. Has had hundreds of nights use, is a daily driver to take the dog out and have spilled all sorts of foodstuffs / drinks over them yet still look like new.

We've just fitted the GTI ones from the shop and they look good. Yes I agree they are expensive but I can see where the money goes. Heated seats still work well but obviously a bit slower to heat up. If you're going to get them eventually I'd go for a cheaper temporary option than the £180 VW ones such as the £5 sheets suggested.

We have a 4 & 2 yr old and we went with Jackyards. We love them! They look good and when a whole bowl of weetabix was spilt on the seat it was wiped clean and dry in seconds

I have Seatskinz covers and think they are great quality. Looks like OEM. Lots of fabrics, colours and styles all made to order. Might be worth a look.

View attachment 40174

View attachment 40175
These look fantastic! I was looking for all over grey covers but was worried they might be too flat; your photos don't look like that at all though. Can I ask what colour you opted for, just in case they have changed their options? I don't suppose you have a picture of the rear bench by any chance?

Many thanks

These look fantastic! I was looking for all over grey covers but was worried they might be too flat; your photos don't look like that at all though. Can I ask what colour you opted for, just in case they have changed their options? I don't suppose you have a picture of the rear bench by any chance?

Many thanks
The seat covers are Nimbus grey leather look plus nimbus grey top stitch. Near perfect match to the cab light grey. They are now 4 years old and still looking like new. Can't recommend them enough. Will look for a pic of the rear.

Fantastic. Thanks so much for the info; they still have Nimbus Grey on their site and it was the one I was looking at. Is it leather or leatherette btw?

The seat covers are Nimbus grey leather look plus nimbus grey top stitch. Near perfect match to the cab light grey. They are now 4 years old and still looking like new. Can't recommend them enough. Will look for a pic of the rear.

Just read your post again and see it says ‘leather look’, apologies for not reading properly the first time!

If you have any photos of the rear bench I’d love to see them, especially to see how well they’ve aged, so will keep an eye out, just in case you find any.

Thanks again.

Fantastic. Thanks so much for the info; they still have Nimbus Grey on their site and it was the one I was looking at. Is it leather or leatherette btw?