Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Owner

A

Allison Legg

Hello All
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody who contributes to the forum, it has been an invaluable source of information pre and after purchase of my cali Beach.

'Optimus' was purchased at the end of March and is used daily by myself and my partner Gary. We have just returned from our second trip (Ravenglass 4 nights) and could not praise him more highly. We have a cam-plet trailer tent for the long stays and Optimis fits perfectly for shorter trips.

Gary did however have a small accident with the main blind on the sliding door (he managed to push it out of it's slider). He managed to push it back in and nothing appears to be damaged, but it does not work properly. The mechanism has a thin wire with 2 black moveable stoppers. I suspect they should be attached to the ends of the blind to help it go up and down and keep it in the down position.

If anybody out there could help with a picture of the end of the blind fitting into the slider that would be invaluable to the repair and hopefully when fixed, Gary will be out of the 'dog house'.

Many thanks

Hi there welcome. If your cali is less than 3 take it back to vw and get them to fix it

Hello All
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody who contributes to the forum, it has been an invaluable source of information pre and after purchase of my cali Beach.

'Optimus' was purchased at the end of March and is used daily by myself and my partner Gary. We have just returned from our second trip (Ravenglass 4 nights) and could not praise him more highly. We have a cam-plet trailer tent for the long stays and Optimis fits perfectly for shorter trips.

Gary did however have a small accident with the main blind on the sliding door (he managed to push it out of it's slider). He managed to push it back in and nothing appears to be damaged, but it does not work properly. The mechanism has a thin wire with 2 black moveable stoppers. I suspect they should be attached to the ends of the blind to help it go up and down and keep it in the down position.

If anybody out there could help with a picture of the end of the blind fitting into the slider that would be invaluable to the repair and hopefully when fixed, Gary will be out of the 'dog house'.

Many thanks
Hi there welcome. If your cali is less than 3 take it back to vw and get them to fix it

Thanks for the suggestion Calikev but the van is just out of the 3 years. Vw recently fixed a floor rail free of charge so not sure I can persuade them to do a blind.

If you are coming to cotf you could always ask SMG to have a little look for you.

Unfortunately we are both working so will have to try our own repair.
If I am not able to get a picture of the blind mechanism we will call into our nearest showroom.
Thanks again for your suggestions.