Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Owner

Mister Baker

Mister Baker

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone

I have just joined the forum, but have been reading up a lot of the threads. Been looking for about a year at T5 conversions, but in the end we decieded to go for a California, if your going to do it, may aswell do it right, especially after some of the conversions we saw!
Anyway we found we wanted and eventually picked up 'Monty' as we have named him, last month, he joins his older sister 'Mabel' our 1970 VW Early Baywindow in our family camping adventures.

SB

Good morning and welcome. Two nice vans you have there.

Hi everyone

I have just joined the forum, but have been reading up a lot of the threads. Been looking for about a year at T5 conversions, but in the end we decieded to go for a California, if your going to do it, may aswell do it right, especially after some of the conversions we saw!
Anyway we found we wanted and eventually picked up 'Monty' as we have named him, last month, he joins his older sister 'Mabel' our 1970 VW Early Baywindow in our family camping adventures.

SB
Hi and welcome, looks like you are a pro already. ;)

Great stuff ,
welcome !

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
So what adventures have you had with Mabel?

We havent been too far in Mabel, just a few days at a time, upto Northumberland and North Yorks. Its a bit cramped travelling with 2 adults and 2 kids and all that is required for a few nights away. Our awning is a must with Mabel, thats where i sleep:). Hence why we have bought Monty so we can basically go further for longer. Been to a few VW festivals, kids love them, so much for them to do. Mabel will still be used loads, but she is seasonal.....absolutly no heating whatsoever. But we love her and i always get a smile when we go out for a drive.
Shaun
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
So what adventures have you had with Mabel?
W