Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali owner

C

Clang0203

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
hi everyone I have just purchased a 2008 cali se 4 motion from Ebay, very strange purchase off the cuff to be honest. It has only done 30000 miles and looks immaculate. I have only paid 12995 for it have a got a good deal or am I letting myself in for some pain.

only time will tell although low mileage can cause problems with suspension, brakes, oil seals etc as with any vehicle. Also check tyres for cracking and replace if in doubt.

don't part with any money prior to an HPi check and an AA or similar check as well.

I had a work colleague scammed some years ago who made the mistake of paying for a 4x4 by Western Union and ended up with nothing at all.

Last edited:
You can check most of MOT history on the Government website, indicates any failures & shows test mileage so easy to check if it tally’s with current mileage.

If the mileage doesn’t tally, then I would just walk away!

hi everyone I have just purchased a 2008 cali se 4 motion from Ebay, very strange purchase off the cuff to be honest. It has only done 30000 miles and looks immaculate. I have only paid 12995 for it have a got a good deal or am I letting myself in for some pain.
Have you touched the van yet? Or is it being delivered from some far away place?
You’ve either got the bargain of the century, or been scammed, or know the tricks so are playing with us. I hope it’s not the middle of those.

I guess it’s this one (linked). It’s half the price it should be. The Scam is that they steal legitimate photos and text, advertise it from a cloned / stolen account, position the location far enough away so folk place deposits without seeing it. They’ll continue to take multiple deposits until eBay shuts the listing down. You won’t be able to contact them again.
:

I once bought a genuine van at that sort of saving, so it does happen very occasionally when sellers don’t research the market, but I hope I’ve not just shattered your dreams,

If you've got the van. That's a bargain and not much to worry about. If not I think you're in for some pain as looks like a scam. Could be wrong though. Or is the original post a scam? Jury's out for me on this one

The van has gone from ebay (not just been updated as sold) so I suspect it was a fraudulent listing. The OP here hasn't been back to the forum since making his post