Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New cali owner

A

Ally Mac

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
We just sold our T6 converted van and bought a new cali ocean. We absolutely love it but there’s a few little things we’re used to that the cali doesn’t have. Our last van had an lpg tank underneath with an external point to plug in a gas bbq or cooker to cook outside. This is the one thing we miss. Does anyone have good solutions to get round this or is it just using another gas bottle?

We just sold our T6 converted van and bought a new cali ocean. We absolutely love it but there’s a few little things we’re used to that the cali doesn’t have. Our last van had an lpg tank underneath with an external point to plug in a gas bbq or cooker to cook outside. This is the one thing we miss. Does anyone have good solutions to get round this or is it just using another gas bottle?
Either spare smaller 907 bottle, or invest in an underslung tank, easier if it’s not 4Motion

Last edited:
Firstly, welcome and congratulations on getting your new van! We carry a second bottle for cooking outside the van.
Thanks, we’re loving it. Just need to decide on this then we’re all good.

Either spare smaller 907 bottle, or invest in an underslungbtank, easier if it’s not 4Motion
Thanks for your reply. We thought about the underslung tank but I expect that would affect our vw warranty. I think the 907 bottle is probably the easiest option.

A camping Gaz single burner portable cooker, plus plug in cartridge is what we use for outside. Currently £15 at Go Outdoors !

Cadac Dual Power Pak could replace both bottle inside and outside. Lighter and readily available anywhere

A camping Gaz single burner portable cooker, plus plug in cartridge is what we use for outside. Currently £15 at Go Outdoors !
We already have a cadac 2cook pro deluxe stove - best we’ve ever had. I suppose it’s finding the best option has supply that will last a while but doesn’t take up too much space.

Cadac Dual Power Pak could replace both bottle inside and outside. Lighter and readily available anywhere
Have you used this before, and do you know if the canisters last long - I know it’s all relative to how much cooking you do?

Have you used this before, and do you know if the canisters last long - I know it’s all relative to how much cooking you do?
Our beach had a slidepod with a two burner sink combo powered by a dual pak. Cooking breakfasts, boiling kettles for washing up, and cooking evening meals it would last about 1 week before changing canisters, 6 canisters cost £30, the gas is butane propane mix, A two week European tour I'd take 6 or 8, 4 for hob and 4 for cadac

Our beach had a slidepod with a two burner sink combo powered by a dual pak. Cooking breakfasts, boiling kettles for washing up, and cooking evening meals it would last about 1 week before changing canisters, 6 canisters cost £30, the gas is butane propane mix, A two week European tour I'd take 6 or 8, 4 for hob and 4 for cadac
Thanks, that gives me a good idea.