Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

new cali

S

Shaunmartin5

We are now in the market for a vw camper. As we have 3 children (13, 10 and 8), my question is what would suit our needs best, a California with extra seat or a Beach with a removable kitchen pod ?

I would suggest you got and look at both, and make your own decision. We have 5 seat Cali's if you want to try before you buy :thumb

If you're anything like us, and always having extra school friends, grannies, etc to cart around, the beach is brilliant...much more flexible on a day-to-day basis. I think it's a bit less heavy to drive if you want it as a daily driver too, and a bit better visibility without the wardrobe etc.
I personally can't imagine cooking inside anyway, and we just have a little calor gas stove for making tea, or a larger stove for when we're going away.
But I'm sure there are equally as many alternative views so yes, you're probably best to have a try or at least a good look around each of them!

Beach with a 3 seat bench. The extra seat(s) will get in the way in the 2 seat bench Beach or SE when camping. Buy it with the extra seats for daily use but take them out when you go away and take a fridge etc in the extra space.

Have a look at both and try it with the bed down and all seats in and out - also try lifting them in and out on your own.

Andy