Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New California 6.1 Driver Profile Selection option missing !?!

Some advice please.... just taken ownership of a Coast and going through the software vehicle info/options I’m presented with ‘Driving profiles’ and the 5 different modes (manual photo attached). I did not specify DCC as an option so not sure why I have this. I also own an Audi A3 with dsg and do use the driving modes in this. Are these just DSG affecting modes? To be fair I’ve not had chance to try on the open road with bad weather and lockdown.

Attachments

• 7175E7B2-62DC-4598-9E3A-5460C6111B8C.jpeg
    7175E7B2-62DC-4598-9E3A-5460C6111B8C.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 20
Some advice please.... just taken ownership of a Coast and going through the software vehicle info/options I’m presented with ‘Driving profiles’ and the 5 different modes (manual photo attached). I did not specify DCC as an option so not sure why I have this. I also own an Audi A3 with dsg and do use the driving modes in this. Are these just DSG affecting modes? To be fair I’ve not had chance to try on the open road with bad weather and lockdown.
Might all manuals include the Driving Profiles, with the caveat that its an option that may not be fitted to the owners vehicle?
(Its a pretty lame description, not explaining how it 'gives the vehicle a sporty feeling' - eg. harder suspension? holds the gears longer when accelerating? heavier steering?)

Might all manuals include the Driving Profiles, with the caveat that its an option that may not be fitted to the owners vehicle?
(Its a pretty lame description, not explaining how it 'gives the vehicle a sporty feeling' - eg. harder suspension? holds the gears longer when accelerating? heavier steering?)
I agree that the owner's manual is a standard document across the fleet but not so sure about the options being available in all vehicles given some of the information provided earlier in the thread.

I agree that the owner's manual is a standard document across the fleet but not so sure about the options being available in all vehicles given some of the information provided earlier in the thread.
Hi if you have the driver profiles you would know because you would have paid for it it’s around £900 I think and you have a button on lower right of the led screen partly hidden by your steering wheel with the window demise button on yop

Ive found the menu item & checked it whilst driving home from work, the profile selection under ACC is really how the engine reacts when ACC is turned on and the gap in front opens up, sport= drop a gear & accelerate, eco I think is wait for a hill to go down & use that to speed up, the others are in-between those 2.

It is nothing to do with suspension / steering etc.

Ive found the menu item & checked it whilst driving home from work, the profile selection under ACC is really how the engine reacts when ACC is turned on and the gap in front opens up, sport= drop a gear & accelerate, eco I think is wait for a hill to go down & use that to speed up, the others are in-between those 2.

It is nothing to do with suspension / steering etc.
Thanks Andy. I suspected as much... in other words I won't be changing profiles too often!!

Hi all

I have a strange question to ask and I'm hoping someone can put me out of my misery..

so we took delivery of our new California 6.1 (150 DSG) Thursday night and its awesome.. so awesome in fact and better than I thought or imagined..

However initially when fiddling with the discovery media pro I stumbled across the drivers profile selection (eco, auto, normal , sport) and left it in normal.. now for the life of me I cannot find the options again.. we DONT have the button on the dash to change this and when I found it (my daughter witnessed it!) I found it in the screen..

I don't really plan to fiddle with it but more out of frustration id like to be able to find it again. can anyone tell me where is is in the system? as I've literally gone thru all menus and can no longer find it..

I did however perform some update (that I paid no attention to the notes) so *maybe* its removed that feature?

the manual suggest a button on the dash but I have no button, and also the manual suggests a button on the B pillar to disable the interior alarm monitoring but this doesn't exist also as its now on the computer also!

VW need to update there manuals .. is the only negative thing I have to say about our California experience so far!

Send help to :-

Andy..
This is on the cali 6.1 Ocean, if you go main menu , select assistants which will take you to IQ Drive , select settings bottom right select cruise control options , select driving profile eco comfort normal sport

Back