Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Club Partner: Extreme Designs

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have a new club partner offering something slightly different to all our VIP Members who will receive a 10% discount on their entire range of products.

Extreme Designs manufacture very high quality stainless steel accessories for the VW T5 that should not be confused with the cheap chrome versions.

For details please contact Rafal alustar@wp.pl who speaks excellent English.

Do not be put off by them being in Poland and they will happily ship to the UK and I would also like to thank Andrzej ( one of our members ) for passing the details to us.

Example of just some of the products they sell:

ext1.png ext2.png ext3.png

Ball bars ....!!!!!....:) :) ;-). (Say no more)

I wonder if they do black :)

Those bull bars look like they could inflict horrendous damage to a pedestrian or cyclist. I am not a fan of them.

Hello from Extreme Design, Poland

We are the direct manufacturer of tuning articles. We are based in Starachowice, central Poland.

Here is our web page, although it is in Polish, you may see the pictures of variety of our products.

http://www.orurowanie.eu/

We hope some of you might be interested in the VW T5 dedicated articles, especially side bars and front and rear bumper protectors.

The bars and and protectors are made of stainless polished steel.

Here is several examples of prices of our products.

guardenglandwersion.jpg

We would be happy to make shipping to UK, with cost of about 60 GBP.

We are very impressed by the vans shown on the forum gallery and by the great meetings of your.

We think this is really great, nicely conducted, pleasant atmosphere and professional forum.

We are very happy to participate in it.

Thank you Martin and Calikev for letting us to show in it.
For further questions please write to alustar@wp.pl

Best Regards
Extreme Design

gatvol said:
Those bull bars look like they could inflict horrendous damage to a pedestrian or cyclist. I am not a fan of them.

I have to agree with you gatvol about the front bull bars.
However they also have what they call CityGuard, shown on the flyer above. This one is looking fine, in my opinion.

For the other items, I have been at the location in Poland and I saw the articles. They are really nicely quality made.
I will definitively go myself for the side bars and the beautiful rear bumper protector.

At the back of my mind I have a thought that 'Bull Bars' are illegal in the UK. The front of cars are now designed in the event of hitting a pedestrian, that they will lift the pedestrian up and away, and not under the car. Bull Bars have the opposite effect and the pedestrian is dragged down and under the vehicle and thus suffering even more injuries from being battered by the underpan or being run over by the wheels.
Bull Bars were originally designed for areas where wild game could run across your path and wreck the front of the vehicle. Not something we are proned to in the UK.
I think an insurance company would take a dim view of any claim made against you/them if you had a Bull Bar fitted and it was found to be a contributory factor in any injuries sustained.

Have Fun

Bob

HistoryBob said:
At the back of my mind I have a thought that 'Bull Bars' are illegal in the UK. The front of cars are now designed in the event of hitting a pedestrian, that they will lift the pedestrian up and away, and not under the car. Bull Bars have the opposite effect and the pedestrian is dragged down and under the vehicle and thus suffering even more injuries from being battered by the underpan or being run over by the wheels.
Bull Bars were originally designed for areas where wild game could run across your path and wreck the front of the vehicle. Not something we are proned to in the UK.
I think an insurance company would take a dim view of any claim made against you/them if you had a Bull Bar fitted and it was found to be a contributory factor in any injuries sustained.

Have Fun

Bob

Bob

I have to agree with the legality issue and I would be personally uncomfortable with endorsing these but regarding the wild game i do have to disagree..

Only last week I had to brake hard (causing the VW hazard rear light function to operate) to avoid a herd of Zebra who stampeded across the road in front of me.

Luckily I didn't hit them but i was left with the thought of, why didn't they use the Zebra Crossing?

James

Nice one James. I don't come across many Zebras but we seem to have a lot of Pelicans.

Have Fun
Bob

We do not endorse any of the products on the forum, these companies are literally just partners who will offer members a discount on their product range.

Extreme Designs do sell other products , the photo's were uploaded to mainly show the side bars but all the vans in the images were fitted with bull bars.

In regards to the law, as far as I know bull bars now need to meet the EU regulations to the way they are designed, maybe Rafal can give us some more information.

Martin said:
We do not endorse any of the products on the forum, these companies are literally just partners who will offer members a discount on their product range.

Extreme Designs do sell other products , the photo's were uploaded to mainly show the side bars but all the vans in the images were fitted with bull bars.

In regards to the law, as far as I know bull bars now need to meet the EU regulations to the way they are designed, maybe Rafal can give us some more information.

Martin

Just jesting - no offence meant :)

But joking aside the issue of pedestrian safety around bull bars is a serious issues and whilst it's not for the forum to tell people what to buy and what to put on their van I do think the forum should protect itself. Endorsing was clearly the wrong wrong and I am sorry for any offence but a quick scan through google will reveal the problems bull bars present. I personally would not want to sell them but it is a free world and a free forum I would just hate for anyone on this forum to be left in a position where they vulnerable.

The thing I really like about this forum is that things are done properly and people normally take an approach to things which isn't half measures.

James

We do agree with the danger the bull bar pose to pedestrians. Although some of them bear the necessary certificates they are not neutral in case if accident. We show them here mainly to illustrate our manufacturing potential. Before publishing it I went through the forum images We found that none of the van is equipped with such front bars, so we did not expect to sell any here. Apparently, they are not only intrusive but also out of fashion.

Please consider our side bars, the front city guard (small one), rear bumper protector and variety of the other articles shown on our webpage http://www.orurowanie.eu/.

Please accept apologies for the rightful outrage caused.

I think pre-06 metal bars were legal in the UK but now they have to ABS to conform with type approval etc...Land Rovers are a good case where they are now all thick plastic and no longer metal.

cheers

Today after mounting.

405862_554303161276402_1491253904_n.jpg

Daily gallery: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Extreme- ... 530?ref=hl

NOT BANNED!
COBRA stainless steel front guards with EC type approval:
Click here for further information.
http://www.cobra-sor.de/startseite.php?width=1280&height=870&sprache_id=2

James said:
I do think the forum should protect itself.

Are you suggesting that the Forum should have Bull Bars installed?

James said:
wrong wrong

That doesn't make it write!

:D

PS: I think the Bull Bars look nice and supply advanced warning of the blooming great van that is just behind them...

Californiaman said:
James said:
I do think the forum should protect itself.

Are you suggesting that the Forum should have Bull Bars installed?

James said:
wrong wrong

That doesn't make it write!

:D

PS: I think the Bull Bars look nice and supply advanced warning of the blooming great van that is just behind them...

Typos allowed.

People fought for them

James

Back