Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Generation Owner

t4_generation

t4_generation

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi,

Picked up our new family member on Friday past from Andy at campervans4u - it's an Oceanic Green Generation (2001) and replaces a converted T4 panel van.

Itching to get away in it, but currently all the interior fabric parts have been relocated to the house and attacked with a carpet cleaner, not that it was particularly dirty but you never know how what these germans get up to in their busses!

Seems a fairly common fault but the fresh water level sensor is reading full, regardless of where I move the float. Anybody successfully fixed one of these, or sourced a replacement outside of the scene tax zone?

Cheers :smile

Welcome.

Yep, common fault. There is a thread somewhere, maybe on the T4 Forum, about fixing them, but I can't see it. Have a search, it's out there somewhere! Never botherered fixing mine as it's easy to just take a look on the early T4s.

The alternative is Gunzl (vwbusshop.de) for a replacement part.

Enjoy your new van ;)
dan

Its a great van you have mine also came from Andy, happy camping :thumb
Ron.

Thanks for the welcome!

2135 - is that the Exclusive thread on T4 forum? I had a read through that, seemed to be a slightly different problem, but I'll have another read.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=695619

I briefly tried unscrewing it last night whilst in the van doing something else, by 'eck it's well screwed in! :eek: Will need to apply some muscles to the task tonight!

Should've mentioned, my van is a pop top :cool:

2001 Generation. A good choice. Not that I'm biased or anything.

As for your water level sender - the earlier units used on the T3 were repairable as they could be easily dismantled. The ones in the T4 is really very well sealed together. I had to replace mine for exactly this fault, and kept the original one with the intention of refurbishing it at some point. Still building up the courage 3 years on to crack it open. I bought a replacement from http://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/Guen.../Shops/GuenzlClassicParts/Products/701070801D. Not cheap but it certainly fixed the issue.

Enjoy your new wheels.

First day trip... Cullen, on the Moray coast. Lunch: Supernoodles on the hob :lol: Ice cream cones in the afternoon. Fish 'n' chips for tea.

Doesn't get much better :cool:

[album]1456[/album]

Back