Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member details

robinf

robinf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello - my name is Robin Fuller and I own a black Cali (174 psi) that I bought in 2008 from Bilbos in Godstone, who in turn sourced it through SMG. I did opt for the 18 inch alloy wheels + wider tyres, chrome grille and then fitted some Cobra chrome side bars. My wife and I live near Stroud, Glos, which is handy for spinning down the M5 to Somerset, Devon & Cornwall, although other favourite spots are the Brecon Beacons and the Yorkshire Dales / Moors. We think the van is a brilliant piece of kit and it's just come back from helping us with all the fetching and carrying for my daughter's wedding in a field near Welwyn, Herts. We use it to carry all sorts of clobber that won't easily fit in a car - which means it gets used a lot. Sometimes we even sleep in it (!) - in the roof of course, as this allows the dining and lounge below to remain pretty much undisturbed! When the weather is looking good, our 2 bikes go on the back, which has been something of a rare occurence this year. I'm looking forward to sharing any interesting stories or problems related to the Cali, as they are always cropping up with us from time to time!

Robin Welcome to the forum.

Stroud is one of our favorite towns in Gloucestershire and being a Laurie Lee fan I have also driven up into the Slad Valley and visited the Woolpack where we had a great lunch. Having read Cider with Rosie at school it was nice to see the cottage where Laurie grew up in Slad. :grin:

Hope you enjoy the forum.

John

John said:
Robin Welcome to the forum.

Stroud is one of our favorite towns in Gloucestershire and being a Laurie Lee fan I have also driven up into the Slad Valley and visited the Woolpack where we had a great lunch. Having read Cider with Rosie at school it was nice to see the cottage where Laurie grew up in Slad. :grin:

Hope you enjoy the forum.

John

[ Well John, for 10 years the Woolpack was our local, so we became very familiar with it. And although I had not had the pleasure of reading Laurie Lee at school, I did get through his 3 'autobiographies' while we lived there. A year ago we moved just 6 miles away to Minchinhampton so it's still within striking distance. The walking in the Slad Valley is fabulous too. If you would like another recommendation for a pub, our new local is The Weighbridge (near Nailsworth) and that is the home of the world famour 'Two-in-one pie' - not to be missed!]

Hi robin. Welcome along. Great introduction
I wish we had more like this as it helps us get to know each other
Better :thumb i know what you mean about the cali
Being usefull. I have been to wicks 3 times today
And even took an old toilet to the recyle centre
Truly a versitiile motor.

Welcome to the forum.

A year ago we moved just 6 miles away to Minchinhampton so it's still within striking distance.

My grandparents lived not far from there on The Hythe, Rodborough Common. I recall spending time there as a kid. Later on walking on the common. It's a beautiful area.

Back