Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member in Devon

dartmoordingoe

dartmoordingoe

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi. Glad to find this site. Have ordered a new Coast for next spring. Very excited about it. I had a T2 Westphalia for many years and for the last 12 years a T2 Brazilian from Danbury. It has been great fun ...but as I get older something faster, more reliable, easier etc etc . .... I come at last to the Coast. It seems pretty perfect for us. I love the clever attention to detail and I do think there is anything I will miss from the Ocean.
Now I am clearing out what I don't want ... the T2 ... a Drascombe Lugger, a Topper .... various canoes etc. The garage will be emptier and it will at least help diminish the financial blow of the Coast!
Looking forward to touring Britain and Europe ...and gaining knowledge from all of you guys!
Tom

How exciting congratulations bet you cant wait!

Welcome Tom, also went for the Coast, we are rare!

I think the coast has everything I need and frankly quite a lot I don't! When you have had years in a Westphalin T2 then a Danbury T2 ... this is like going from a feudal society to the end of the 19th century in one leap.

I must say that the new Westphalian conversion look incredible but it is VW I think that have kept the spirit of the old camper alive in a new form .. and of course the table and chairs in the door and window is just so clever.

One first question... we have a large Motordome Shyam which I will be selling and a small one we will keep ... but I wonder are there any examples of people making a side and doors to the awning that feel like a small tent rather than a prison ?