Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member intro

dom&summer

dom&summer

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello everyone, Dom here.

Recent owner of a 2014 Cali SE, now called Summer. She’s great, but has come with 2 niggles: a dodgy selector knob on the control panel and a split windscreen wash fluid pipe. Easy fixes I bet. But am so thrilled to have her and start exploring the UK (and hopefully Europe soon!). Also thrilled to join this group and plagiarise all of your experience!

:welcome Dom,

photos ?

washer tube very easy fix, you can get a connector to splice in a new bit of tube (pence)

details on the selector knob will help with a targeted response ?

All vehicles come with niggles, the advantage of the forum is that someone usually knows the answer, and is prepared to help. Enjoy.

:welcome Welcome to the forum. You should get some good advice here.

Thank you every one for your kind welcome.

The control knob turns and the button works, but it feels ‘loose’ and as if it is full of ‘bits’, as if the inner threading or whatever it is made of has broken or cracked or something. @Sad thankyou for the link. I’m living with it for the time being, but I guess the worst case scenario is that it might fully break with the roof up? ‍♂️

And @Perfectos, currently the split in the wash fluid pipe is sealed with some electrical tape. It seems fine in the short-term, but something I’ll hopefully sort before the winter/freezing weather returns.

Now…time to stop worrying about these and head out to enjoy some adventures!

Back