Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member Lincs.

J

johns6809

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi Folks. I am finally in a financial position (Just) to go out and get a new or nearly new Cal Oceon.
My Quandry is would i be better off waiting 3 or 4 months in order to get a better price and more choice? Especially with the new Multivan variant on the horizon as people may be offloading their 6.1s to do so?
Thanks

Having a similar dilemma myself currently!

My preference is to spend enough to get something nearly new while we can (just) afford it because we know a 6.1 will do everything we need it to; my wife favours spending a bit less for maybe a late T6 with a few more miles on it.

So many factors to consider, but a fortunate position to be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much everyone here has a vested interest in a T5, T5.1 T6 or T6.1. Residuals have been excellent in the past but who knows in the future?

The unknown element is the extent to which current owners of the Transporter-based Cali will part-ex for a Multivan variant, thereby flooding the market with T5s and 6s and bringing prices down for low mileage Calis.
I don’t get the impression on this forum that this is going to happen, but hey, you never know.
For me, the current Cali is a proven winner and I love it, and I am unlikely to migrate to the new variant anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Well.... I have only just gone and done it! New Ascot Grey 150 Oceon on it's way over the water as we speak.
Towbar, Heated Screen and Acoustic package (whatever that is) Wood Effect Floor, Outside Tap, Comfort Mattress and Storage net.
Plus 5 year plus warranty thing and 0% Finance.
Thank You Jamie at Breeze for a very good deal!

Just had my insurance quote from LV. £235.54 !!!! How cheap is that for a new California Ocean. Full no claims up to 6000 miles a year (Plenty for us) with protected no claims. Also helps living in the middle of nowhere and being am old fossil. haha.

Self inflicted misery! The Cali is ready to pick up end of next week but Breeze have told me i can leave it until September to get the 74 reg plate. So have decided to do that for the sake of waiting another 3 weeks. More time to collect all those needed essentials i suppose.

Well.... I have only just gone and done it! New Ascot Grey 150 Oceon on it's way over the water as we speak.
Towbar, Heated Screen and Acoustic package (whatever that is) Wood Effect Floor, Outside Tap, Comfort Mattress and Storage net.
Outside tap? Can't want to see a picture of that ;)

Congratulations! Is it rude to ask how much you paid?

Apologies for any offence caused to anybody. I guess we all pay too much! :)
Eh? might be the other way round (have I offended you)..... I was just having a laugh, my point being that us Cali owners have already spent too much the moment we even 'look' at one.

Owning a VW California? ..... 'Its a way of life!' haha

Eh? might be the other way round (have I offended you)..... I was just having a laugh, my point being that us Cali owners have already spent too much the moment we even 'look' at one.

Owning a VW California? ..... 'It’s a way of life!' haha
No, I’m not offended at all. And, agree with you about spending too much on our vehicles. Although, I worked out the other day that my next 10 years of Cali holidays will be £60k cheaper than driving Europe with a car and using cheap hotels and restaurants exclusively (rather than eating out roughly twice a week as we currently do). And the Cali holidays are so much more enjoyable too!:happy

Well....The day is about to dawn. Off on a 500 mile round trip to Poole in the morning to take delivery of our new Cali Ocean 150.
Just a quickie... Will it come with a smoke alarm and fire extinguisher as standard or do i need to shake some more out of the piggy bank.
Just that i read somewhere it was a legal requirement.

Last edited:
no it doesn't. and you don't need one. you don't need a carbon monoxide detecter either. if anything a fire extinguisher may one day come in handy but my guess is you will never use it. enjoy the new van, exciting. fetch it to slimbridge so we can have a nosey ?

no it doesn't. and you don't need one. you don't need a carbon monoxide detecter either. if anything a fire extinguisher may one day come in handy but my guess is you will never use it. enjoy the new van, exciting. fetch it to slimbridge so we can have a nosey ?
I would love to call at Slimbridge...Perhaps next time.

Hi Folks. I am finally in a financial position (Just) to go out and get a new or nearly new Cal Oceon.
My Quandry is would i be better off waiting 3 or 4 months in order to get a better price and more choice? Especially with the new Multivan variant on the horizon as people may be offloading their 6.1s to do so?
Thanks
Do you want to seriously camp over a few days in the UK autumn - spring ? Or do you want a day van for sunny climes at the beach etc ? That will dictate a 6.1 vs 7 or Multivan

Do you want to seriously camp over a few days in the UK autumn - spring ? Or do you want a day van for sunny climes at the beach etc ? That will dictate a 6.1 vs 7 or Multivan
I made the Correct choice. I will be taking delivery of our 6.1 today.

Just got back home from Poole. 250 miles 47.5 mpg according to the dash readout.
Just sat nice and easy at 60mph. Can't knock that!
The 150 i found to be fine though nothing in the van of course.

It will get better as it loosens up, I use redex diesel injector cleaner and supermarket fuel, you should easily see 50+ in a few months