Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member (sort of)

Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi,
I’ve been lurking for some time but not really got involved in the forum.

I must be close to holding the record for being the most indecisive person, whether to purchase a van or not?

Several years on and plenty of other vehicles (including a boat) that have come and gone with life’s changes, I actually now seem the closest I am ever going to get to actually buying a camper van.

I am drawn to the Ocean but the long delays, phenomenal price tag, Boris raping the tax payer (VED) and the fact I still only get cold water and have to pee in the woods is what’s keeping me sitting on the fence.

I have a little grandson and dream of retiring and taking him out in the van Primarily day tripping.

And with that in my mind I will eagerly read through your pages of advice here a little longer if that’s ok before finally taking my next plunge?

Hi,
I’ve been lurking for some time but not really got involved in the forum.

I must be close to holding the record for being the most indecisive person, whether to purchase a van or not?

Several years on and plenty of other vehicles (including a boat) that have come and gone with life’s changes, I actually now seem the closest I am ever going to get to actually buying a camper van.

I am drawn to the Ocean but the long delays, phenomenal price tag, Boris raping the tax payer (VED) and the fact I still only get cold water and have to pee in the woods is what’s keeping me sitting on the fence.

I have a little grandson and dream of retiring and taking him out in the van Primarily day tripping.

And with that in my mind I will eagerly read through your pages of advice here a little longer if that’s ok before finally taking my next plunge?
Other than major bad decisions, people tend to regret not doing things in life more than doing.
Your grandson is getting older everyday (as are you), so you need to start making memories now, or you’ll miss the moment.
Re cold water and no loo, the kettle boils quickly and most sites have toilets. We bought a portapotti and toilet tent, when staying on a site with compostable toilets this year. Worked really well, as that and a windbreak secures the pitch when going out for the day.
If you’re concerned about the price, go for a Coast 150.