Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member with no Cali...... YET

Tangle Foot

Tangle Foot

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

Just registered this morning. There looks loads of great info on here.....

I'm in the process of saving for our 1st Cali. I ideally would like a 2010/11 180 DSG, not sure I will be able to wait until I can stretch to one of those, so maybe a 2007/08 174 Tip for around 28-30k. Head says go for the 174 and heart says wait and go for the newer 180.

We will see but hopefully sort one in the spring.

Cheers...Ian

Hi Ian welcome along. A lot to think about.
Have you looked in our for sale section?One or two in there.
Any questions you have ask away. :lol:

Yes, have had a look, just not quite ready for purchase.

4Motion is also in the mix now also as I currently drive an A6 Quattro.... The Cali would replace my Audi.

Hi Ian
The 174 is also a great engine, I've had ours for nearly 3 faultless years. I love the odd beat of the 5 cylinder which is the same as one I had in an A6 estate which used to average 55mpg. It develops plenty of torque giving high gear cruising.
If you decide to go for one you won't be dissappointed.

Hubert

Hi Ian,

You're not alone - still looking for my Cali. Driven the 180DSG and it's super smooth, the DSG box is an amazing piece of technology. If I had the budget I'd have the 4Motion as well.

If you're not too far away come along to the Henley-on-Thames meet, it would be good to meet you.

Hi Ian,
I am in the same boat, not yet having a Cali. This is a useful place to research the options available.
Luke

Just worried the Auto box on the 174 is 'miles apart' from the DSG on the 180.

My Audi has a 6spd DSG and is great. I don't think it's the same box as the 174??

The 174 has a 6 speed tiptronic gearbox. DSG is different.

Thanks for all the reply's... I didn't want to answer each individually as it appears all my posts have to be screened by a mod, they would soon get tired of me!!

Lots to think about... thanks again. Ian

Dont worry Ian we only screen a couple of your posts to stop spam
Post away.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Happy birthday mate :p :p :p

Tangle Foot said:
Hi all,

Just registered this morning. There looks loads of great info on here.....

I'm in the process of saving for our 1st Cali. I ideally would like a 2010/11 180 DSG, not sure I will be able to wait until I can stretch to one of those, so maybe a 2007/08 174 Tip for around 28-30k. Head says go for the 174 and heart says wait and go for the newer 180.

We will see but hopefully sort one in the spring.

Cheers...Ian

Hi Ian, we should have our own section called "Member with no Cali ...yet" :lol:

I'm waiting for the right spec too...it's hard but the money involved means I've got to 'try' and get it right.