Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Had our T6.1 Cali Ocean for 2 years now and loving the time we've had so far. Lots more trips in the pipeline!
As an owner in the waiting, can you share anything you know now that you wished you'd known prior to delivery!?

Hmmm, we went for the comfort mattress from VW but found this to not that comfortable so we've ended up with an alternative inflatable option which is far better. The spacemate sliding drawer bed for the rear is also excellent and only secured with two wing nuts so easy to remove albeit heavy. Fitted 200w of solar also, which did us proud on a recent trip to Wales where there was no hook up. Many other bits and bobs, way too many to mention here and all have been covered by most peoples experiences. No matter how many threads you read you will find your own path of what works for you, it's another enjoyable element of the learning curve. Good luck with it all.

Thank you ever so much, your comment about the comfort mattress, I've read many times sadly after my order was locked down. Hopefully I can sell it on when I get it and follow yours and most others advice!

Thank you ever so much, your comment about the comfort mattress, I've read many times sadly after my order was locked down. Hopefully I can sell it on when I get it and follow yours and most others advice!
I find the comfort mattress useful to level the bed and fit perfectly when folded in 3. I managed to find one of these 2nd hand for £180 and it folds back with the comfort mattress and sits well on the back shelf. The Cali bed is now as comfortable as my bed at home!
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/zonesleep-ultra-replacement-downstairs-mattress

I find the comfort mattress useful to level the bed and fit perfectly when folded in 3. I managed to find one of these 2nd hand for £180 and it folds back with the comfort mattress and sits well on the back shelf. The Cali bed is now as comfortable as my bed at home!
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/zonesleep-ultra-replacement-downstairs-mattress
Thank you ever so much Tim, that's almost double the cost of the comfort mattress, I'm guessing you still put that on top of the comfort mattress ?

Thank you ever so much Tim, that's almost double the cost of the comfort mattress, I'm guessing you still put that on top of the comfort mattress ?
Yes I think of the comfort mattress as a base to turn a seat into a firm bed. I personally don’t need eg. a full inflatable mattress in addition

Likewise, we use the comfort mattress as a base and then add a topper. The combination is very comfy.