Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Newbie

T

The Fockers

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Well I finally bought one and with a reg plate F---OCK I had to name myself The Fockers.
It drives very well but I have two problems:-
1) I have a rattle from upstairs whilst driving. I've been searching high and low but can't sure it.
2) It beeps when I lock the car. I've turned off rental cars which beep but I can't find a "setting" that will turn it off.
Apart from those I'm looking forward to exploring far and wide.

Well I finally bought one and with a reg plate F---OCK I had to name myself The Fockers.
1) I have a rattle from upstairs whilst driving. I've been searching high and low but can't sure it.
2) It beeps when I lock the car. I've turned off rental cars which beep but I can't find a "setting" that will turn it off.

Congratulations! Well, you'll sure be noticed when you're around.

On the rattle, it is the awning. Unwind and wind back tight. Temperature changes and if the two plastic anti-rattle clips if not in place causes that to happen.

Beep - a Carista should be able to sort that problem out. Not sure of the model of your van as viewing the post on the phone.

On the rattle, it is the awning. Unwind and wind back tight. Temperature changes and if the two plastic anti-rattle clips if not in place causes that to happen.

Beep - a Carista should be able to sort that problem out. Not sure of the model of your van as viewing the post on the phone.
Awning plastic clips can sometimes slide to the end of the housing, causing the arms to rattle. I use a little insulation tape to hold them in position

Shame you haven't got a toilet so the cat can flush the dog!

Thanks for the reply but the rattle appears to be the LHS i.e. the other side from the awning.

Thanks for the reply but the rattle appears to be the LHS i.e. the other side from the awning.
Try the suggestions anyways before we help diagnose.

Also, is a recording of the noise possible. Which area - roof or cupboard. Remember, noise in a van reflects off different surfaces and usually is on the opposite/different side from where the noise comes.

Is the noise front side or rear?

Is it a rattle or more like a squeak?

Try the suggestions anyways before we help diagnose.

Also, is a recording of the noise possible. Which area - roof or cupboard. Remember, noise in a van reflects off different surfaces and usually is on the opposite/different side from where the noise comes.

Is the noise front side or rear?

Is it a rattle or more like a squeak?
I will try the suggestions. It's definitely a rattle. My girlfriend sat in the rear and said it was coming from the upstairs bed area vertically above the fridge.

I will try the suggestions. It's definitely a rattle. My girlfriend sat in the rear and said it was coming from the upstairs bed area vertically above the fridge.
If it’s coming from the fridge area just make sure the sliding table is in the full lock position.

If it’s coming from the fridge area just make sure the sliding table is in the full lock position.
in addition to the sliding table, the rattle can also be the sliding rack behind the C pillar on top of the fridge. I have that all taped up to ensure that it does not rattle.

Back