Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New owner - T4 California Exclusive

N

nick.p.johnson27@g

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
That looks great. English translation is very helpful. I hadn't realised there was so much reading available. Very useful. I am sure I will soon have many questions. Thank you!

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Sold my exclusive about 3 years ago. What a mug I was. Would have gone up a couple of £k in that time, and I'd be well equipped for camping in the Covid (no loos) world.

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Sold my exclusive about 3 years ago. What a mug I was. Would have gone up a couple of £k in that time, and I'd be well equipped for camping in the Covid (no loos) world.
Haven’t done a search but I’m pretty sure there was a “don’t do it” post at the time.
Just saying 0:)

Seaview

Seaview

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Congratulations, lovely camper you have, very nearly owned one myself Some years ago.

Is it a left hooker and how are you getting on with it!

N

nick.p.johnson27@g

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
The toilet was a indeed a major factor in choosing the Exclusive, but that particular Covid issue at the time!

N

nick.p.johnson27@g

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Congratulations, lovely camper you have, very nearly owned one myself Some years ago.

Is it a left hooker and how are you getting on with it!
It is a left hooker. Still getting used to it to be honest! Not just LHD but also the LWB! Very nice to drive on the motorway.
I am new to campervans so looking forward to getting to a campsite soon!
It does seem to be a whole new world!

Seaview

Seaview

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
It is a left hooker. Still getting used to it to be honest! Not just LHD but also the LWB! Very nice to drive on the motorway.
I am new to campervans so looking forward to getting to a campsite soon!
It does seem to be a whole new world!
I have driven a left hooker vehicle here in the UK and you do get used to it. In saying that it’s a brave person who sits in the passenger seat on country lanes

I bet you are looking forward to getting to a campsite soon but in the meantime you have a lovely camper to get to know. Enjoy.

N

nick.p.johnson27@g

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
I have driven a left hooker vehicle here in the UK and you do get used to it. In saying that it’s a brave person who sits in the passenger seat on country lanes

I bet you are looking forward to getting to a campsite soon but in the meantime you have a lovely camper to get to know. Enjoy.
I have had no screams so far. At least not outwardly! I will try to avoid the narrowest country lanes for a while!
Thank you. I will.

BrugseB

BrugseB

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Used to travel Kent with our LHD MGB - that was scary sometimes :eek: but in a T4 you sit high and have ample view!

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Had a LHD 4 for best part of ten years now. Don’t even give it a thought. Infinitely better in Euroshire.

tdi_ywg

tdi_ywg

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
That's a familiar looking vehicle you've purchased! Bought mine in southern Germany in 2017. Toured Europe for a couple of months, then floated it across the pond to Canada. It's safely tucked away in my garage right now awaiting the next adventure in a couple of weeks. I believe the journal my wife and I keep when we use it is at 185 nights so far. We absolutely love it.

N

nick.p.johnson27@g

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Great to hear that you like yours so much. That's a great idea to keep a journal. We are hoping to have our first overnight trip in it next weekend, assuming all the campsites aren't booked up! Fingers crossed!