Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New owner

Gavin123

Gavin123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi all - New owner here. Bought a pre reg 2019 ocean from A1 campers and promptly SORN'ed it! Although its a shame, it's a long term purchase so plenty of time to use it. Have bought a roof bungie, spare safe and a hook-up cable. We plan to get a drive-away awning for extra accommodation and somewhere for me to sleep on longer trips.... At 6' 6' Im not going to share the downstairs bed for more than a couple of nights. Any recommendations - bigger the better? Plus any recommendations for camp beds? We have inflatable mattresses but never found those that comfy in the past. Other than that - looking forward to getting out and about when we can, making sure we and others are safe.

Hi all - New owner here. Bought a pre reg 2019 ocean from A1 campers and promptly SORN'ed it! Although its a shame, it's a long term purchase so plenty of time to use it. Have bought a roof bungie, spare safe and a hook-up cable. We plan to get a drive-away awning for extra accommodation and somewhere for me to sleep on longer trips.... At 6' 6' Im not going to share the downstairs bed for more than a couple of nights. Any recommendations - bigger the better? Plus any recommendations for camp beds? We have inflatable mattresses but never found those that comfy in the past. Other than that - looking forward to getting out and about when we can, making sure we and others are safe.
Hi Gavin,
I don’t know if you’re looking for another option coz you’ve tried sleeping downstairs and it’s just not worked or whether you’re making an assumption?
I’m the same height and 17st(unfortunately). I use downstairs bed with a thin topper and its no problem at all for me. Even Mrs Ron fits in as well although she is slim.

So if you haven’t tried it might be worth giving it a go?

Lots of people on here will give you lots of different views (all good!) on their preferences for options/accessories. We decided not to have extra tentage/awnings because, to us, it just seems a faff and we’d rather spend the packing/unpacking time drinking wine. Not needed the space either.

I hope you get out in your van soon and if I see another Wookie walking towards me on a site I’ll say hi!