Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New solar install

Thanks for the kind words. Was a pleasure to meet you!

R

I've got my system arriving tomorrow according to the courier webby. Hope I've not been foolhardy in attempting the install myself. Looks very neat in the cupboard so I hope I can replicate it.

I've got my system arriving tomorrow according to the courier webby. Hope I've not been foolhardy in attempting the install myself. Looks very neat in the cupboard so I hope I can replicate it.
Installation is very easy - 'hardest' bit I found was feeding the connecting cable through the tailgate framework. I found a very long tiewrap had just the right mix of stiffness/flex.

Good. Thanks for the encouragement. I've got some trim tools already fortunately.

The kit arrived yesterday and I've had a look; appears more straight-forward than I first thought. No.1 son is available as my spanner monkey on Monday, so I'll have a go then. I'll try to take some photos.

Good. Thanks for the encouragement. I've got some trim tools already fortunately.

The kit arrived yesterday and I've had a look; appears more straight-forward than I first thought. No.1 son is available as my spanner monkey on Monday, so I'll have a go then. I'll try to take some photos.
Have a look at my post - I go through it line by line. TBH I found the instructions a little obscure in parts but hopefully laid it out a little better on my post:

Well, I managed it! System installed and running. Thanks everyone for your help/encouragement; I was nervous as I have a knack of letting the smoke out of wires. Give me a spanner job everyday over sparks. The kit supplied by @Roger Donoghue was very good, and his instructions plus @dspuk 's comprehensive thread certainly helped. I plugged my Ecoflow into the 12v socket and an impressive 92 watts was seen charging in the bright autumn sunlight. I'm pleased with the result.

20221010_152554.jpg

20221010_152551.jpg

20221010_152531.jpg

20221010_152525.jpg

20221010_152518.jpg

giphy.gif