Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 Ocean - Potentially faulty thermocouple

G

gibcali

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Picked up my Cali last week and there is a problem with the right hand side hob.

After turning it on when i release the gas switch the gas flow stops and the flame goes out, to me it seems like a faulty thermocouple.

The left hand side hob works correctly.

I am planning to get this fixed under warranty, but just wondering if anyone has any simple things I could check beforehand to save the hassle.

Thanks!

Picked up my Cali last week and there is a problem with the right hand side hob.

After turning it on when i release the gas switch the gas flow stops and the flame goes out, to me it seems like a faulty thermocouple.

The left hand side hob works correctly.

I am planning to get this fixed under warranty, but just wondering if anyone has any simple things I could check beforehand to save the hassle.

Thanks!
Check the wiring connectors under the hob.

See if you see the end of the thermocouple and that it is in the flame Or in a position like the working one.

My right-side hob wouldn't stay alight. I noticed that the flames around the thermocouple wire were less intense. I undid the screws on the hob, took the top plate off, cleaned the "flame holes" and reassembled. I think some of Mrs 5i1ver8ack’s porridge must have got in there. Anyway, perfect lighting and staying alight now.

Hi... I remembered something about lighting the hob (and my Weber BBQ is the same)...
I just checked the manual and it says...

Press and hold the control knob of the cooking zone and operate the Piezo igniter until the outflowing gas is ignited.
Keep the control knob pressed for about 15 seconds to prevent the gas flame from going out again
Hope this helps :)

Back