Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to the club and a campervan newbie!

Carole Ann

Carole Ann

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hi. I’m Carole Ann. Hubby and I bought a VW California Ocean T6.1 last week. Looking forward to popping into CampervanBits to buy a few bits and pieces for her next week. Any advice / tips and ideas for ‘must have’ purchases gratefully received. She came equipped with a Euro connector, and the VW garage threw in an electric hook-up cable for us, but no water hose or mattress / mattress topper for the bottom bed. Insurance company unwilling to cover us for theft without a tracker fitted and proof of annual subscription…. so we ordered a tracker last Thursday but have to wait until June 13th for a fitter to install it, so she’s still sat on the driveway, going nowhere until that‘s sorted. Looking forward to lots of great adventures….. We currently live in Branston, near Lincoln.

UPDATE: 3pin connector adaptor and Tracker arrived today.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.
you‘ll need some sort of mattress topper for sure!

might sound silly, but sleep in it on the driveway. Test it out with the safety net of your own bed and house just a few steps away. Give you chance to see how things work, what and how to pack etc etc :)

S2S self inflating mattress is near top of the list.
Very very comfy.
It can get expensive. Hope you have some spare change.
Look in the classifieds. Some good bargains.
Search is your best friend.
Many many discussions on what to have and what not…
Good luck

Welcome and if you haven’t already got one from the forum shop I’ld invest in a Safelock for the spare wheel…. prime target for ‘nicking’

Hi. I’m Carole Ann. Hubby and I bought a VW California Ocean T6.1 last week. Looking forward to popping into campervan bits to buy a few bits and pieces for her next week. Any advice / tips and ideas for ‘must have’ purchases gratefully received. She came equipped with a Euro connector, and the VW garage threw in an electric hook-up cable for us, but no water hose or mattress / mattress topper for the bottom bed. Insurance company unwilling to cover us for theft without a tracker fitted and proof of annual subscription…. so we ordered a tracker last Thursday but have to wait until June 13th for a fitter to install it, so she’s still sat on the driveway, going nowhere until that‘s sorted. Looking forward to lots of great adventures….. We currently live in Branston, near Lincoln.
Welcome to the forum! I suggest that you go to the search icon and type in ‘Must have’. You’ll find quite a lot of good suggestions on a number of threads.

Hi and welcome.
you‘ll need some sort of mattress topper for sure!

might sound silly, but sleep in it on the driveway. Test it out with the safety net of your own bed and house just a few steps away. Give you chance to see how things work, what and how to pack etc etc :)
Great idea! Thank you. Planning to buy a mattress topper at Campervan bits when we visit next week.

Welcome and if you haven’t already got one from the forum shop I’ld invest in a Safelock for the spare wheel…. prime target for ‘nicking’
Thank you BeeBee. We’re planning to buy one when we visit there next week. Hubby is going to put the spare wheel in the garage until we can buy the Safelock.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! I suggest that you go to the search icon and type in ‘Must have’. You’ll find quite a lot of good suggestions on a number of threads.
Thank you. Will do