Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to the forum! T6.1 Ocean 150

D

DaanJ

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi everyone!
We finally decided to buy a Cali Ocean 6.1 150.
I was looking to buy a 204 4motion, but since we had to choose from stockmodels, and we picked this one because it was fully loaded (shower, tow bar,.. ).
We’re really looking forward to get on the road!

(Will add a picture later)

BUT: when we went to pick it up, the dashboard indicated “second battery low” and the central controlpanel (to control roof etc) did not work. The guy from VW who did the explanation, said this was because it stood still for a couple of weeks (which at that point, I found strange because when delivering a new vehicle, you’re supposed to check these things and make sure that all batteries are sufficiently charged to at least demonstrate how everything works).
“it will charge on the way home using the enige”
After a half hour drive home, it still indicated low 2nd battery, so I plugged it in an checked if the fuse was on (it was). I read in the manual that an (almost?) empty battery can charge up to 12hrs, so this morning, I had a look and still,.. low battery, no display.
After doing some research, and asking around, I came to the conclusion that the controlpanel should work, even with low battery because: it’s not hooked to the 2nd battery and even if it was, it should still function with low charge.
Contacted VW but it’s a Saturday so,.. Monday is a holiday so this was a perfect weekend to go test the new ride .
Bad start.

• Sad
Reactions: Sad
Hi everyone!
We finally decided to buy a Cali Ocean 6.1 150.
I was looking to buy a 204 4motion, but since we had to choose from stockmodels, and we picked this one because it was fully loaded (shower, tow bar,.. ).
We’re really looking forward to get on the road!

(Will add a picture later)

BUT: when we went to pick it up, the dashboard indicated “second battery low” and the central controlpanel (to control roof etc) did not work. The guy from VW who did the explanation, said this was because it stood still for a couple of weeks (which at that point, I found strange because when delivering a new vehicle, you’re supposed to check these things and make sure that all batteries are sufficiently charged to at least demonstrate how everything works).
“it will charge on the way home using the enige”
After a half hour drive home, it still indicated low 2nd battery, so I plugged it in an checked if the fuse was on (it was). I read in the manual that an (almost?) empty battery can charge up to 12hrs, so this morning, I had a look and still,.. low battery, no display.
After doing some research, and asking around, I came to the conclusion that the controlpanel should work, even with low battery because: it’s not hooked to the 2nd battery and even if it was, it should still function with low charge.
Contacted VW but it’s a Saturday so,.. Monday is a holiday so this was a perfect weekend to go test the new ride .
Bad start.
Is it a brand new Ocean? If so it has 2 leisure batteries, 1 under front seat and the other in under the rear cupboards.

It is a brand new one, yes.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk